- BRIEFS. // Mobile Radio Technology;May2003, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p12
Reports developments in the telecommunication industry in the U.S. as of May 2003. Formation of MariTEL Spectrum Development of MariTEL Inc.; Deployment of the ReefEdge Inc.'s Wireless Services Fabric within large industries; Change of the name of Fourelle Systems to Venturi Wireless.
- Motient Re-Enters Messaging Market. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;7/1/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 26, p12
Deals with the re-entry of Motient Corp. in the wireless data market following a bankruptcy period. Core strategy of the firm with its re-entry; Challenge facing the firm in the market; Advantages of Motient over cellular carriers; Sales pitch of Motient with its service; Comments from Roberta...
- Motient's Big Push For A Consumer Base. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;01/15/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p28
Provides information on the two-way wireless messaging service of Motient Corp. called eLink Fortified with Yahoo. Plan of the company to expand into the consumer segment; Marketing strategy of the company; Background of the company; Response of the market.
- Motient to provide data to GE transportation business. // RCR;07/17/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 29, p22
Reports that Motient Corp. has signed an agreement with General Electric Co. to provide circuit switched satellite data communications services to the latter's transportation business operations, GE Transportation Systems.
- Tandem opens IN development facility. Bernier, Paula // Telephony;11/14/94, Vol. 227 Issue 20, p14
Reports that Tandem Telecom, a division of Tandem Computers Inc., has opened a new development center in Plano, Texas. Development of applications that can run on the vendor's intelligent network (IN) platforms; Software partners; Tandem Computer's open Nonstop Himalaya servers.
- FEMA Certifies TCS Commercial Mobile Alert System. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;10/26/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 22, p11
The article reports that the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has certified TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TSYS)'s Commercial Mobile Alert System (CMAS), an emergency alert system for U.S. residents delivered through mobile phones.
- BITS. // Wireless Week;1/14/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p20
Presents updates on wireless communication companies as of January 14, 2002. Discussion on the cellular and broadband services plan of InterWAVE for the Federated States of Micronesia; Information on MobileModem from Motient Corp.; Agreement between vVault and Genient.
- BITS. // Wireless Week;12/31/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 51, p22
Presents news briefs on the wireless communication industry in the United States as of December 31, 2001. Details of Microsoft's wireless extension of Hotmail, an e-mail service; Plan of mobile communications services provider Globicom Wireless to resell Motient Corporation's e-mail services.
- What's In A Name? A Break With Past. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;05/01/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 18, p16
Reports on the decision of American Mobile Satellite Corp. (AMSC), a provider of integrated satellite and terrestrial networks, to change its name to Motient Corp. Other wireless companies who changed their business names; Move of Motient to offer mobile Internet services; Subscriber and...