Sailing Through Recent Economic Slowdowns
- Data communications gets unwired. // Telephony;12/5/94, Vol. 227 Issue 23, p22
Focuses on the economic significance of the evolution of wireless data. Increasing demand for portability; Effect of communications in productivity.
- The wireless local loop: A mater of simple economics. Palmer, Nate // Telephony;6/03/96, Vol. 230 Issue 23, p60
Focuses on the economic benefits gained by telecommunication networks when using wireless local loop technologies. Wireless technologies as a cost-effective alternative for areas where fixed access service is insufficient or nonexistent; Wireline network architecture; Wireless local loop...
- THE TROUBLE WITH CELLULAR. Kupfer, Andrew; Coxeter, Ruth M. // Fortune;11/13/1995, Vol. 132 Issue 10, p179
Considers problems related to wireless communications in the 1990s. How personal communications services (PCS) were supposed to make cellular communication affordable; Background of the technology; Actions by the United States government; Logistical headaches involving the spectrum; Other...
- End nearing for wireless companies. // High Yield Report;05/04/98, Vol. 9 Issue 18, p3
States that wireless cable companies are voluntarily undergoing restructuring plans while trying to counteract bankruptcy. Information on the exchange offer of outstanding public debts announced by People's Choice TV; Indepth look at the restructuring of American Telecasting and Heartland...
- Wireless pros and cons. Duffy, Caroline A. // PC Week;2/6/95, Vol. 12 Issue 5, pN/1
Reports that the wireless-communications market in the United States continues to expand but its revenue growth is not keeping up, according to International Data Corp.'s 1994 year-end market summary. Reasons.
- Sprint cuts more jobs. // RCR Wireless News;5/16/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 20, p15
Reports on the plan of Sprint Corp. to cut an additional number of jobs as part of its corporate restructuring initiative. Estimated cost allocated by the firm for the job reduction; Background on the restructuring; Potential impact of its pending acquisition of Nextel Communications Inc. on...
- Leap Of Faith. Whipple, Dan // Interactive Week;3/5/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p57
Discusses the business potential of mobile commerce wherein people can make commercial transactions from wireless devices. Efforts to turn cellular telephone subscribers into customers who will purchase goods and services with their mobile telephones; Estimated growth of mobile commerce;...
- Wireless gaming: A winner? Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;7/2/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 1, p106
Deals with the potential of wireless gaming in the United States. Projections for wireless gaming; Telecommunication companies that have acknowledged the potential of wireless gaming in the country. INSET: Briefly.
- Tower companies cut back on new builds. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;11/12/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 46, p20
Deals with the implication of the low 2001 third-quarter corporate earnings of three tower companies in the United States on the global communications tower industry. Details on the financial conditions of the companies; Reasons for the low earnings of the companies; Plans of the companies to...