Alcatel Layoffs In U.S. Hit 4,700
- BRIEFS. // Wireless Week;11/4/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 40, p21
Presents news briefs in the wireless communication industry as of November 4, 2002. Jobs eliminated by Alcatel in the U.S.; Revenue posted by Novatel Wireless; Business loss posted by Glenayre Technologies.
- Alcatel awaits job-cut news. // New Hampshire Business Review;7/12/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 15, p2B
Reports on the effect on Alcatel Internetworking in Dover, New Hampshire of the plan of its parent company Alcatel SA to cut several jobs. Reason for cutting jobs; Number of employees employed by Alcatel Internetworking; Clients of Alcatel.
- INFOEXPRESS JOINS ALCATEL'S TECHNOLOGY PARTNER PROGRAM. // Computer Protocols;Feb2002, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p2
Reports on the move of InfoExpress to join the Technology Partner Program of Alcatel to provide a secure, integrated Virtual Private Network and firewall solution.
- ALCATEL JOINS SES GLOBAL AND GILAT IN SATLYNX. // Worldwide Telecom;Aug2003, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p4
Reports on the addition of Alcatel Space and SkyBridge LP, subsidiaries of Alcatel as shareholders in the SES Global and Gilat Satellite Networks Ltd. joint venture, SATLYNX in Europe.
- Alcatel sets up UMTS trial network in Romania. // RCR Wireless News;4/29/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 17, p29
Reports on the Universal Mobile Telecommunication System trial network set up by Alcatel in Romania. Partner of Alcatel in the trial; Contracts of Alcatel with Orange France and Orange in Sweden.
- Riding the waves . Cree, Richard // Employee Benefits;Nov2001, p36
Features Alcatel, a company in France which described itself as a global architect of internet communications solutions. History of the company; Overview of the company's human resources department; Business challenges facing Alcatel; Total approach to employees.
- Consolidation buy, volume pricing. Labarba, Liane H. // Telephony;05/03/99, Vol. 236 Issue 18, p8
Focuses on the agreement between BellSouth Corp. and Alcatel company. Significance of the agreement; Coverage of the agreement; Advantages provided by the agreement to BellSouth.
- BRISTOL VIRGINIA UTILITIES SELECTS ALCATEL TO BUILD NETWORK. // Tele-Service News;Sep2002, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p4
Reports on a deal signed by Alcatel and Bristol Virginia Utilities for the deployment of the Alcatel Fiber-to-the-User solution in Bristol's optical network.
- Alcatel Sees Opening In U.S. Switch Market. McGarvey, Joe // Inter@ctive Week;08/23/99, Vol. 6 Issue 34, p14
Presents information on Alcatel 1000 S12, a version of telephone switch developed by Alcatel company. Design of the product; Target market of the kits.