Nextel Accelerates Efforts To Meet E911 Requirements
- CONGRESS SEEKS QUICK 800 MHZ REBAND. Jackson, Donny // Mobile Radio Technology;Mar2004, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p21
Reports that some federal lawmakers threw their support behind the plans of the Federal Communications Commission to reband 800 MHz frequencies but opposed the Nextel Communications getting 10 MHz of spectrum at 1.9 GHz as part of the deal. Removal of the interference problems Nextel has caused...
- NEWS BRIEFS. // Mobile Radio Technology;Mar2004, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p26
Presents news briefs of interest to the land mobile radio industry in the U.S., compiled as of March 2004. Individuals honored by E911 Institute for their efforts in promoting the deployment of E911 emergency communications; Settlement between Nextel Communications and Verizon Wireless;...
- FCC to seek public comment on 800 MHz rebanding proposal. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;10/25/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p3
Reports that the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is seeking comment on clarifications sought by Nextel Communications Inc. regarding the plan of FCC to solve public safety interference in the 800 megahertz band. Issues raised by Nextel; Advantage of the use of erratums as...
- Nextel--'Allowed to break the law' Swift, Jason // Mobile Radio Technology;Mar2002, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p6
Features the Nextel Communication Inc. in the U.S. Complains on property permit fee; Issues on wireless sites; Participation of Federal Communication Commission.
- Toward gentility. Schwaninger Jr., Robert H. // Mobile Radio Technology;May98, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p54
Comments on Nextel Communications' opposition against a petition filed with the US Federal Communications Commission, wherein it was noted that the Wireless Telecommunications Bureau had made errors in granting licenses to Nextel. Nextel's failure to defend the appropriateness of its licenses;...
- Nextel spectrum swap plan meets resistance. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;2/18/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p1
Deals with the opposition to the proposed public-safety spectrum plan of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Basis of the FCC proposal; Views of mobile-phone operators on the plan; Response of the Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials-International to the Nextel plan.
- Nextel Applauds Spectrum Increase. // Wireless Week;11/13/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 46, p6
Reports on the reaction of Nextel Communications Inc. on the decision of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to increase available telecommunication spectrum in the 800 megahertz (MHz) band. How Nextel view the FCC decision; Bid of Nextel in the 800 MHz auction.
- C-Block Proposal Favors Nextel. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;11/15/99, Vol. 5 Issue 46, p1
Focuses on the assurance given to the wireless industry by the United States Federal Communications Commissions (FCC) concerning the license of NextWave Personal Communications Inc. Amendment to the budget bill after the failure to achieve spectrum recovery authority for the FCC; Impact of the...
- Nextel publicly supports 911 deadlines, but lobbies for changes. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;3/31/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p6
Explains that Nextel Communications Inc. will face difficulty if its moves forward with plans to try to delay the implementation deadline for wireless enhanced 911 Phase II service beyond December 31, 2005. Support of Nextel for the 911 deadlines; Importance of the 911 Phase II service being...