Spectrum Debate Stalls
- CTIA: Spectrum Reports Flawed. // Wireless Week;04/23/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 17, p5
Focuses on the flawed reports of CTIA on using upper spectrum bands. Reason for the failure of the reports.
- FCC Spectrum Decision Could Benefit Carriers. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;4/29/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 17, p18
Reports on the benefits of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) frequency spectrum decision. Details on the spectrum-sharing arrangement set-up by FCC; Remarks from CTIA president and chief executive officer Tom Wheeler; Effect of the FCC ruling on wireless carriers.
- CTIA Files Comments On Cap. // Wireless Week;04/16/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 16, p1
Focuses on the comments of CTIA president and chief executive officer Tom Wheeler on the spectrum cap in the United States.
- CTIA Makes Pitch In China. // Wireless Week;12/04/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 48, p3
Reports on the international forum held by the CTIA in Beijing, China in November 2000 to discuss telecommunication and wireless issues. Role of Qualcomm in the event; Executives who attended the event; Topic of discussions.
- CTIA Launches KnowMyApp Website to Help Consumers. Eddy, Nathan // eWeek;12/27/2013, p2
The article announces the launch of wireless telecommunications industry trade group CTIA's KnowMyapp.org website which informs consumers how much data their favorite applications are using.
- CTIA Petition Takes On MSS. Glick, Eric // Wireless Week;05/28/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 22, p5
Looks at the petition submitted by CTIA and New ICO company to the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on the allocation of 2 gigahertz (GHZ) frequency spectrum. Petition submitted by CTIA to the FCC which calls for the reallocation of 2 GHz spectrum from satellite to...
- GTE to manage hotline. // Wireless Review;07/01/98, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p11
Reports on the contract awarded to GTE Telecommunications Services Incorporated to provide operator service for CTIA company's law enforcement hotline. Functions of the hotline; Estimated number of calls received by CTIA per month.
- Wheeler: Times Require Path Of Patience. Purcell, Judith Lockwood // Wireless Week;9/17/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 38, p10
Discusses the outlook of CTIA President and Chief Executive Officer Tom Wheeler on the market and technology conditions in wireless telecommunication industry as of September 17, 2001. Data Speed on wireless networks; Lobbying campaign for spectrum for data services; Book written by Wheeler.
- CTIA seeks to light fuse under FBI. // Wireless Review;03/15/98, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p8
Reports that CTIA has asked the US Federal Communications Commission to help in implementing the Federal Communications Assistance for Law Enforcement Act. Expanded authority and capability concerns in the telecommunications industry; Possible delay of the compliance date.