R.I. Governor Rejects ban On Phone Use
- Will Legislature Tackle Cell While Driving Issue? Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;3/3/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p12
Focuses on the legislative proposal to limit cellular phone use while driving in California. Overview of a Highway Patrol report on the role of cellular phone use in car accidents; Position of several cellular phone manufacturers on the issue; Recommendations for the use of hands-free devices.
- UK fleet: driving into mobile phone problems. // MarketWatch: Automotive;September 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 9, p10
Reports on the British legislation that will disallow handheld mobile telephone use in motor vehicles. Implication of the legislation on car fleet operators in the country; Provisions of the legislation.
- New Legislation. Wagner, Anne // National Journal;6/02/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 22, p1676
Reports on the introduction of legislative bills that outlaw the use of handheld cellular telephones while driving sponsored by United States Senator Jon Corzine and Representative Gary L. Ackerman. Results of a public opinion poll on the use of cellular telephones while driving.
- Verizon urges statewide hands-free legislation in N.Y. // RCR Wireless News;1/8/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p10
Reports on Verizon Wireless' call on the New York State Legislature to consider statewide legislation requiring drivers to use hands-free devices while using cell phones and driving.
- Senate would drop cellular phone rules. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/10/96, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p20
Reports that the New York State Senate has passed a law suspending state regulation of cellular telephone services.
- House bill amendment unifies cell site policy. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;5/22/95, Vol. 228 Issue 21, p16
Reports on the approval by a US House of Representatives committee of a bill for a uniform approach in state and municipal government regulation of cell site locations. Cancer risks allegedly associated with cellular technology; Number of cell sites to be deployed; Prospects of the personal...
- States study driving and dialing bans. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;3/10/97, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p1
Reports that California, Illinois, and New York are considering bills that would impose various restrictions on drivers dialing and talking while driving. Introduction of such legislation in New York during the week of March 3, 1997; Illinois Senator Robert Bugielski's bill on cellular phones;...
- Eshoo wants to mandate phone scans. // RCR;03/24/97, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p21
Gives information on the letter sent to the Federal Communications Commission on March 12th, 1997, requesting immediate ruling on manufactured cellular telephones in the United States. Benefits of the ruling; Reference to a request made by Ad Hoc Alliance for Public Access to 911 on February 10th.
- Cell phones and driving don't mix. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;05/21/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p4
Reports on U.S. cities, towns and states' discussion of legislation to outlaw cell phone use in automobiles. New York state Governor George Pataki's proposed limit on cell phone use in automobiles; Percentage of respondents in the `Consumer Reports' magazine's survey who favored the ban on the...