Weighing In On Health
- Predicting power density near antennas to meet FCC RF safety regulations. Mawrey, Robert; Riley, Terry // Mobile Radio Technology;Sep97, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p36
Discusses the prediction of power density near antennas to meet the Federal Communications Commission's safety regulations on radio frequency radiation exposure. Steps in implementing a health and safety program; Far field model; Near field models; Cylindrical method; Collinear method;...
- FCC Notes. // Mobile Radio Technology;Jul2000, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p53
Reports the deadline for compliance with Federal Communication Commission rules on human safety limits for exposure to Radio frequency emissions in the United States. Release of `A Local Government Official's Guide to RF Emission Antenna Safety Rules'; Coordination between the FCC and United...
- Copps slams FCC for ignoring bird-tower clashes. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;11/6/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 45, p5
This article reports on the decision of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to investigate the necessity of creating a rule to reduce the number of migratory bird collisions with cell-phone towers and other telecom antenna structures. The agency wants feedback on its legal authority...
- FCC antenna ruling signals feds' arrogance. Waxman, Lionel // Inside Tucson Business;11/02/98, Vol. 8 Issue 32, p5
Opinion. Criticizes the US Federal Communications Commission's antenna regulation. Pre-emption of all state and local laws related to antennas; Deed restrictions; Effects of the rules to homeowners.
- New tower notification system in place. Martin, Harry C. // Broadcast Engineering;Apr2004, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p22
Reports that the U.S. Federal Communications Commission has adopted a construction notification system. Design of the voluntary design to facilitate review of proposed tower sites; Advantages of the system; Functions of the new system. INSET: Dateline.
- Comp Comm helps with registrations. // RCR;02/17/97, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p24
Reports on Comp Comm Incorporated's intentions to assist antenna owners and licensees with the completion of mandated registrations which are required by the United States Federal Communications Commission. Stipulations of federal regulations; Impact on owners of antennas; Identification of the...
- Kennard to attend Vermont town hall siting meeting. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;02/09/98, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p5
Reports that the Vermont congressional delegation applauded Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Chairman Bill Kennard's rejection of federal pre-emption of local zoning regulation, while vowing to continue fighting for legislation to overturn antenna siting provisions of the 1996 telecom...
- Antennas: The necessary evil. Markley, Don // Broadcast Engineering;Jun2001, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p66
Discusses the problems with television station antennas in the transition to digital technology. Requirements of the United States Federal Communications Commission; Problems with purchasing a small antenna and line for temporary digital television use; Discussion on alternative solutions.
- FCC to set antenna site rules. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;06/23/97, Vol. 16 Issue 25, p1
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is expected to propose guidelines for the siting of antennas, in light of the dispute surrounding health risks associated with antenna siting in the telecommunications industry. Other actions expected of the FCC; Concerns of...