Cablers Share Hotspots
- Ecuity, Boingo to offer VoIP over Wi-Fi. // RCR Wireless News;2/21/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p8
Reports on the agreement of voice over Internet Protocol (VoiP) voice provider Ecuity Inc. with Boingo Wireless Inc. and TelSym Inc. to jointly market a VoiP over Wi-Fi service, as of February 2005. Target market of the VoiP service.
- T-Mobile USA releases Wi-Fi customer numbers. // RCR Wireless News;6/20/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p6
Reports on the decision of T-Mobile USA Inc. to release the number of its wireless fidelity (Wi-Fi) customers and their usage patterns as of June 20, 2005. Estimated number of its customers; Average number of minutes spent by customers online per session; Types of subscriber who can access the...
- Boingo expands airport Wi-Fi network. // RCR Wireless News;9/5/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 36, p4
Reports on the roaming agreements of Boingo Wireless Inc. with Opti-Fi Networks that will add airports in North America and Europe to its roaming system. Wireless fidelity access being offered by Boingo in North America; Airports included in the roaming agreement of Boingo in Europe.
- WIRELESS BROADBAND ALLIANCE ADDS NOW GLOBAL MEMBERS. // RBOC Update;Jul2010, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p8
The article announces the 17th Wireless Broadband Alliance (WBA) Roundtable Conference and Wi-Fi Ecosystem Summit in San Diego, California in 2010, as well as the new members to the alliance that includes AT&T, Cisco, Comcast, Devicescape, KT Corp. and Verizon.
- Project aims to make Stamford a wireless campus. Strempel, Dan // Fairfield County Business Journal;3/25/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p1
Focuses on the Wireless Fidelity technology project in Stamford, Connecticut. Internet access offered to business people using laptop computers and other wireless devices for free; Use of a microwave band and an encoding scheme in the system; Prediction on the widespread use of public wireless...
- Bookmarks and bookends. McElligott, Tim // Telephony;Nov2007 Supplement, Vol. 248, p5
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Kevin Fitchard on how Wisconsin's Chibardun Telephone Cooperative is taking advantage of the 700 MHz spectrum it acquired and another by Carol Wilson on the crash of the big-city municipal wireless fidelity market.
- WOWED BY WIRELESS? Arnold, Mary Auestad // Credit Union Management;Jul2003, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p3
Focuses on the advantages of Wireless Fidelity in the U.S. Improvement of cellular phone reception; Elimination of network cabling; Enhancement of Internet access.
- AG: Google collected WiFi data. Soule, Alexander // Fairfield County Business Journal;6/21/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 25, p7
The article reports on Google Inc.'s unauthorized information gathering from unsecured wireless Internet Wi-Fi spots in Connecticut.
- WiFi: A New Network Alternative. Mackie, Adam P. // Alaska Business Monthly;Oct2003, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p92
Discusses key issues concerning wireless fidelity (WiFi) technology, which is changing the way many Alaskans are communicating over the Internet in 2003. Key features of WiFi that makes it easy to use and user-friendly in public networks; Key benefits and advantages of WiFi for Internet users;...