Wanted: More Comment Time
- The FCC's New Image Problem. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jul2011, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p13
The article discusses the decision by Meredith Attwell Baker to leave the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and join Comcast Corp. as a senior vice president of government affairs. The move which has happened months after the FCC cleared Comcast to acquire NBC Universal Inc., has...
- Boston: It's Bombastic! City Continues to Rip Cable Kingpins at FCC. // Multichannel News;6/25/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 26, p4
The article presents information on the regulation of basic rates of cable provider Comcast Corp. at the U.S. Federal Communications Commission in Boston, Massachusetts.
- US court rules against FCC on 'net neutrality'. // Buffalo Law Journal;4/8/2010, Vol. 82 Issue 28, p4
The article reports on the rule of the federal appeals court pertaining to the inability of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to prove the net neutrality obligation of Comcast Corp. in Washington, D.C.
- TALKBACK. Jason, T.; Grant, Johnathan // Multichannel News;4/13/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 14, p28
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to the articles in previous issues including "Netflix Responds to FCC Peering Info Request" in the April 9, 2015 issue and "Comcast Pitches VOD as Merger Benefit" in the April 6, 2015 issue.
- Boston's Kinda Comcastic After All: Official Praised Cable Firm at FCC in '10. Eggerton, John; Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;5/16/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 20, p4
The article reports that the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) praised Comcast Corp. as one of the top work place for cable firm in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Cable Ops Diverge on Regional Sports. // Multichannel News;9/19/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 35, p38
The article reports that the American Cable Association (ACA) challenges Comcast Corp. on the access for regional sports networks (RSN) and asks the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to act on the issue.
- Comcast Returns Serve at Tennis. // Multichannel News;1/23/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p32
The article reports that Comcast Corp. has asked the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to reverse Administrative Law Judge Richard Sippel's decision on a program-carriage complaint by Tennis Channel and has challenged the Media Bureau for not dismissing the complaint.
- TALKBACK. Katz, Geoff // Multichannel News;2/8/2016, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p30
Several letters to editor are presented in response to articles including "Comcast Lashes Out at FCC Set-Top Proposal" in the January 31, 2016 and February 1 issue respectively and "WGN Cancels Manhattan" in the February 3, 2016 issue.
- Rep. Maxine Waters advocates new ethics rules for FCC commissioners. Grotticelli, Michael // Broadcast Engineering Exclusive Insight;12/26/2011, p7
The article reports on the introduction of the Merging Entities Regulatory Guidance and Ethical Reform (MERGER) Act by Democratic Representative Maxine Waters of California in December 2011. Under the MERGER Act, the FCC will be allowed to require groups that submit comments to Federal...