Starz Previews Comedies
- Starz poops 'Party' and defies 'Gravity'. Guider, Elizabeth // Hollywood Reporter;7/1/2010, Vol. 415 Issue 17, p5
The article reports that Starz Entertainment LLC has decided to discontinue the telecast of television programs "Party Down" and "Gravity."
- 'PARTY' DOWN & OUT. Littleton, Cynthia // Daily Variety;7/1/2010, Vol. 307 Issue 63, p4
The article reports on the cancellation of U.S.-based pay cabler Starz Cable Network's comedy series "Party Down," after two seasons in 2010.
- Starz to 'Party Down' with original sitcom. Frankel, Daniel // Daily Variety;10/14/2008, Vol. 300 Issue 7, p4
The article reports that Starz Entertainment LLC will order 10 episodes of the half-hour comedy series "Party Down" for the first quarter of 2009, as part of its growth for original programming lineup. It states that Rob Thomas created and produced the comedy first series which originated from...
- Starz caters to comedy with order for new series. Andreeva, Nellie // Hollywood Reporter;10/14/2008, Vol. 406 Issue 47, p4
The article reports on the production of the new half-hour comedy series "Party Down," by Starz Entertainment in the U.S. in 2009. The 10-episode order of the series will be written by Rob Thomas and produced by Starz Media. The series was co-created by Thomas, John Enborn, Paul Rudd and Dan...
- LYNCH CALLS OFF 'PARTY' Weisman, Jon // Daily Variety;7/7/2009, Vol. 304 Issue 2, p2
The article discusses Jane Lynch's failure to return to the second season of the "Party Down," a comedy television program of Starz, due to the fact that she is already committed to Twentieth Century Fox's fall series "Glee." The actress felt sorry for not having been involved with the comedy...
- 'PARTY INVITES GO OUT' Abele, Robert // Daily Variety;3/20/2009, Vol. 302 Issue 55, pA2
The article reports on the adjustments made by the producers of Starz LLC's new comedy sitcom "Party Down" in the U.S. Executive producer John Enbom explains that the sitcom was an idea that came from "Veronica Mars" creator Rob Thomas who had been thinking about it with him, Dan Etheridge and...
- Starz lines up support group. Andreeva, Nellie // Hollywood Reporter;10/15/2009, Vol. 411 Issue 45, p6
The article focuses on the selection of cast for the television series "Gravity," by Starz Entertainment LLC. It reports that the series' story revolves around suicide survivors, and mentions the selection of actors Ivan Sergei, Rachel Hunter, and Krysten Ritter for the series. It also discusses...
- STARZ BOWS TV EVERYWHERE PLATFORMS. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;10/15/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 41, p8
The article reports on the first TV Everywhere platforms launched by Starz Entertainment LLC on October 8, 2012.
- A Night of Starz. // Home Media Magazine;7/8/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 27, p23
A photograph of executives who attended the dinner hosted by Starz Entertainment at the Four Seasons Hotel is presented.