BET Gets Into Scripted 'Game'
- BET Gets Into Scripted 'Game' Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;4/19/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 16, p7
The article reports on the production of several television programs and films by Black Entertainment Television (BET) in the U.S. including the fourth season of "The Game," "Let's Stay Together" and the film "The Cookout 2."
- BET pounces on Panther. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;4/18/2008, Vol. 299 Issue 10, p10
The article reports on the deal signed by Marvel Comics to turn its superhero, the Black Panther, into a primetime animated series for Black Entertainment Television (BET) in 2009. The announcement was made by BET at its upfront presentation in New York. In addition to "Black Panther," BET also...
- TV AND CABLE PRODUCTION CHART. // Daily Variety;1/27/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 22, p16
The article presents information on new television programs being made by production companies. Some of the companies are A. Smith & Co. Black Entertainment Television Inc., CBS Productions, Nash Entertainment, HBO Original Programming, and Comedy Central.
- TV AND CABLE PRODUCTION CHART. // Daily Variety;5/26/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 40, p12
Presents a chart depicting television and cable network programs under production. "All My Children," from ABC Television Network Group; "All Year Round With Katie Brown," from Atlas Media Group; "Coming to the Stage," from Black Entertainment Television Inc.; "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation,"...
- Joel A. Berger Award. // Multichannel News;3/18/2002 Supplement, Vol. 23, p8A
Focuses on the Joel A. Berger Award in recognition for public affairs initiatives for AIDS awareness in local communities in the U.S. History of the award; Award given to Black Entertainment Television (BET); Details of the Rap-It-Up campaign of BET.
- BET Awards Gets Star Treatment. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;6/24/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p20
Focuses on the television program 'BET Awards' from Black Entertainment Television in the U.S. Features of the show; Condition of marketing presence of the program for the year 2002; Sponsors of the 2002 awards show.
- Viewers flock to basic cable. J.M. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/1/96, Vol. 126 Issue 14, p16
Reports that most of the basic cable networks in the United States reported high ratings growth in the first quarter of 1996. Popularity of Black Entertainment Television's O.J. Simpson interview; Statistics on USA Network's rating; Name of top-rated cablecast during the first quarter. INSET:...
- HSN, BET brainstorm. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/15/93, Vol. 123 Issue 46, p77
Reports on the agreement between Home Shopping Network (HSN) and Black Entertainment Television (BET) on joint business ventures. Creation of a shop-at-home programming service for BET viewers.
- BET Pulls Videos From Primetime Playlist. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/7/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p32
Reports the television programming for the year 2002 prepared by Black Entertainment Television network in the U.S. Program features; Inclusion of music videos on the primetime programming; Statement regarding music videos by executive vice president Curtis Gadson.