Conan Move a TBS Coup
- Making music and more. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;10/9/95, Vol. 125 Issue 41, p48
Informs about the music series presentations on The Nashville Network, Black Entertainment Television, Turner Broadcasting System and other cable networks.
- TV AND GABLE PRODUCTION CHART. // Daily Variety;5/12/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 30, p12
The article presents a chart providing information on the upcoming television and cable productions. Some of the cable television networks and productions enlisted are Atlas Media Corp., Black Entertainment Television Inc., E! Entertainment Television, ESPN Inc., Court TV, and MGM Television....
- Making Movies Count. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/21/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 25, p6
The article reports that cable networks are building cinematic franchises to lure back their viewers. It mentions the success of Syfy on its horror films line up for Saturday night such as "Mega Piranha and Sharktopus" and "Stonehenge Apocalypse," which brought about 1.9 million audiences to the...
- Turner, E! make deals with telcos. Jessell, Harry A. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/4/95, Vol. 125 Issue 49, p62
Reports that Americast, the Disney-led programming arm of Ameritech, GTE, BellSouth and SBC Communications, cut distribution deals with Turner Broadcasting System and E! Entertainment Television. Americast's earlier announced agreements with Encore Media Corp. and Nostalgia Television;...
- The insider. Spring, Greg; Hall, Lee; Bednarski, P.J.; Schneider, Michael // Electronic Media;06/21/99, Vol. 18 Issue 25, p6
Presents news briefs related to television broadcasting in the United States, as of June 21, 1999. E! Entertainment Television executives' reaction to the serving of food at a Turner Broadcasting System Inc. event; CBS Inc.'s plans to file a complaint against MediaOne Inc.'s cable system in...
- Press Tour NOTES. Hibberd, James // Television Week;1/12/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p58
Provides an update on the television broadcasting industry in the U.S. as of January 12, 2004. Licensing deals issued by Comedy Central; Information on the high-definition network deployed by Turner Broadcasting; Details on reality programs launched by E! Networks.
- Joel A. Berger Award. // Multichannel News;3/18/2002 Supplement, Vol. 23, p8A
Focuses on the Joel A. Berger Award in recognition for public affairs initiatives for AIDS awareness in local communities in the U.S. History of the award; Award given to Black Entertainment Television (BET); Details of the Rap-It-Up campaign of BET.
- BET Awards Gets Star Treatment. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;6/24/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p20
Focuses on the television program 'BET Awards' from Black Entertainment Television in the U.S. Features of the show; Condition of marketing presence of the program for the year 2002; Sponsors of the 2002 awards show.
- Viewers flock to basic cable. J.M. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/1/96, Vol. 126 Issue 14, p16
Reports that most of the basic cable networks in the United States reported high ratings growth in the first quarter of 1996. Popularity of Black Entertainment Television's O.J. Simpson interview; Statistics on USA Network's rating; Name of top-rated cablecast during the first quarter. INSET:...