Tax Credit Bill in Senate Aimed to Up Home-Ownership
- Washington Hot Links. Boyd, Harlan // National Public Accountant;Sep99, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the bipartisan support gained by the tax relief plan proposed by United States Senators Robert J. Torricelli and Paul Coverdell. Provisions under the tax bill; Influence of the budget surplus on the issue.
- A new torch blazes in the Senate. Cohen, Richard E. // National Journal;3/8/97, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p467
Features US Democratic Senator Robert G. Torricelli. Performance as a senator; Instructive aspect of his arrival in the Senate; Focus on the campaign finance issues.
- Is Robert Torricelli a security risk? // Human Events;6/16/95, Vol. 51 Issue 23, p5
Features Democratic Representative Robert Torricelli of New Jersey. Charge that he disclosed classified intelligence information while a member of the House Select Committee on Intelligence; Hearings before the Committee on Standards of Official Conduct; Colonel Julio Roberto Alpirez of...
- When revealing secrets is a duty. Kaplan, Morton A. // World & I;Sep95, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p15
Editorial. Argues that Representative Robert Torricelli (D-N.J.) had a public duty to reveal the information that American intelligence agencies covered up the assassination of an American by a Guatemalan colonel who was in the pay of the US Central Intelligence Agency.
- Source denies leak. // Editor & Publisher;12/18/93, Vol. 126 Issue 51, p5
Reports on Representative Robert Torricelli's denial that he told a `New York Times' reporter about Haitian government officials working for the Central Intelligence Agency. Complaint to the House Intelligence Committee from three Republican representatives about leaks from anonymous House...
- Sometimes `no comment' is the best answer. Kemper, Vicki // Common Cause Magazine;Fall93, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p7
Discusses Representative Bob Torricelli's reply to a reporter's question. Replacement for Congress of Freedom; Restoration project; Representative Bill Baker's reply; Torricelli's campaign contributors.
- Legislative report. Anderson, Frank E. // Single Parent;Spring94, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p30
Announces H.R.J. 296 by Congressman Robert G. Torricelli to establish a National Single Parent Day. Recognition of the efforts of single parents in the difficult days of raising families; Purpose of the legislation; Parents without partners day proclamation drive; Single parent post stamp...
- New Jersey race reveals politics of mud. Scherer, Ron // Christian Science Monitor;10/21/96, Vol. 88 Issue 228, p4
Focuses on the 1996 New Jersey campaign race that involved Democratic Representative, Robert Torricelli and Republican Representative, Dick Zimmer. Revelation at campaign; Efforts made by candidates to win elections; Results of survey by Asbury Park Press that involved candidates.
- A matter of conscience. Schorr, Daniel // New Leader;5/8/95, Vol. 78 Issue 4, p5
Focuses on the revelation made by Representative Robert G. Torricelli about the cover up of a murder by the Central Intelligence Agency. Maintenance of secrecy by Congress; Torricelli's obligations to tell the truth; Legislators who acted like Torricelli.