NASD, Nasdaq Chief Zarb Set to Step Down
- Zarb Again Leads in Pay. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;4/24/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31372, p1
Reports the status of Frank Zarb, chief executive officer of the National Association of Securities Dealers Inc. as the highly compensated official in Washington. Amount of compensation received by Zard; Conduction of compensation survey by 'The Bond Buyer' newspaper; Requirements of workers to...
- Top Officials, Top Salaries. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;04/24/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30876, p1
Reports on the salaries of top executives in the United States municipal bond market in 1999. National Association of Securities Dealers Chief Executive Officer Frank Zarb as the highest-paid official in the market; Government Finance Officers Association Executive Director Jeffrey Esser's...
- A Life After Nasdaq. Chapman, Peter // Traders Magazine;Jun2002, Vol. 15 Issue 198, p54
Profiles William Broka, former head of the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD) and the Nasdaq Stock Market Inc. Family life and work experience; Brief history of the NASD; Development of the stock trade clearing operations at Nasdaq; Plans concerning retirement from the industry.
- Change of NASD Guard Stirs Up Some Surprise. // Traders Magazine;Sep2000, Vol. 13 Issue 172, p18
Deals with the changes in the administration of the National Association of Securities Dealers following the spin off of Nasdaq into a private company. Executives appointed for the NASD; Selection of the chairman of the Nasdaq board.
- New NASD CEO. // Equities;Jan1997, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p39
Reports on Frank G. Zarb's agreement to succeed Joseph Hardiman as president and chief executive officer of the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD). Responsibilities; SOES Bandits problem; Partnership between the self-regulated NASD and the Securities and Exchange Commission...
- New NASD chief mulls an overhaul. Roland, Neil // American Banker;5/6/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 86, p22
Highlights National Association of Securities Dealers president Frank G. Zarb's recommendation that the association eliminate the boards of directors of its two subsidiaries to streamline decision-making. Zarb's denial that he might propose removal of the Nasdaq stock market and broker...
- NASD chief junks idea of killing independent boards. Roland, Neil // American Banker;6/27/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 123, p26
Reports on National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD) chairman Frank G. Zarb's refusal to abolish the NASD's independent boards. Zarb's proposal to reduce the number of board members.
- From Zarb's Mouth to Levitt's Ear! Hoffman, William // Traders Magazine;Jun99, Vol. 12 Issue 153, p14
Focuses on National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD) Chairman Frank Zarb's request that independent dealers back a new central limit order book (CLOB). Comments from traders who are in favor of CLOB on the proposal; Benefit of CLOB.
- Zarb Gets a Vote of Confidence. // Traders Magazine;Dec2000, Vol. 13 Issue 175, p12
Reports that the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD) has decided to extend the contract of Frank Zarb as chairman and chief executive of Nasdaq. Reasons behind the NASD decision to extend Zarb's contract; Amount of time given to the search committee of the NASD to find a...