Tennessee Governor Vetoes 'Harmful' 2002 Budget
- Senator: District of Columbia Could See a Rating Upgrade. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;6/12/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31406, p4
Reports the improvement of the low investment-grade general obligation bond rating in British Columbia. Basis for the issuance of general obligation bonds; Upward movement in credit rating; Approval of fiscal 2003 budget.
- Tennessee Budget Crunch. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/6/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31175, p1
Reports the temporary spending plan for the state budget in Bradenton, Florida. Degradation of bond rating due to budget problems; Details on the shutdown of state government offices; Removal of capital project funds from temporary budget by lawmakers.
- Tennessee House Overrides Budget Veto; Downgrade Looms. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/8/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31198, p6
Reports that members of the Tennessee House of Representatives has voted to override Governor Don Sundquist's veto of the state's 2002 budget. Possible bond rating downgrade of the state; Details of the proposed budget.
- House Appropriations Panel Approves $3.6 Billion Budget for Fiscal 2002. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/21/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31228, p5
Reports on the approval of the spending bill by the House of Appropriations Committee in Washington D.C. Impact of the bill on general obligation bonds; Ratification of budget proposal for the fiscal year; Stability of financial base, investment-grade bond ratings.
- Pittsburgh Not a Likely Candidate for Act 47 Help, Official Says. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;11/5/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31755, p28
Reports on the disqualification of Pittsburgh for filing as a distressed community under a Pennsylvania statute Act 47. Solicitation for bankruptcy protection; Decline of the general obligation bond rating; Occurrence of budget deficits.
- Louisville, Ky., Gets S & P Upgrade A Year After Jefferson County Merger. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;12/24/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31788, p5
Reports that Standards & Poor's upgraded Louisville, Kentucky to AA from AA-minus citing its successful merger with Jefferson County. Effect of the upgrade on obligation bonds; Approval of the consolidation plan; Formation of the Louisville Metro Government; Louisville Metro's adoption of the...
- North Carolina, Tennessee Try to Ward Off Further Rating Hits. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/6/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31196, p4
Reports on the progress of budget negotiations in North Carolina and Tennessee, as of August 6, 2001. Threats of negative bond rating actions facing the states; Tax issues affecting lawmakers' ability to finalize the states' budgets.
- MIDWEST BOND-WATCH. Shields, Yvette; Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/19/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31226, p27
Reports developments related to bonds market in the United States as of September 2001. A-minus rating given by Standard and Poor's to Scotts Bluff County Hospital Authority bonds; Sale of Omaha Airport Authority; Criticisms on the budget plans of Wisconsin state.
- Warning for California. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;12/18/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31784, p1
Focuses on the economic condition of bond rating in California. Indication of budget deficit; Market resistance to short-term debt; Fund for the current budget gap.