Harley-Davidson Urges K.C. to Hit Market
- Hog heaven. Smith, J. // Town & Country;Oct90, Vol. 144 Issue 5125, p258
Traces the history of the Harley-Davidson motorcycle that was founded in 1903. Its popularity; William G. Davidson, the company's vice-president of styling; Harley owners' charitable cause.
- Harley-Davidson welcomes competition. // Newsweek;3/30/1987, Vol. 109 Issue 13, p50
Harley-Davidson Inc has asked the International Trade Commission to end import restraints on large Japanese motorcycles, a year before they were scheduled to expire. The company has recovered from its losses of 1982 and feels it no longer needs the help. See also (Time, 3/30/87, 1c, p58, 1/5p)
- Escape roads. Guyer, Lillie // AutoWeek;02/23/98, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p42
Features the Harley Davidson motorcycle company. Origin and history of the company; Competition in the motorcycle market; Views of Harley's president Jeff Bleustein; Market strategy of the company.
- And we thought Jay Leno was the Harley Guy... // Dealernews;Jun96, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p72
Describes the Top 10 Reasons marketing campaign of Harley-Davidson for its Genuine Motor Accessories and Genuine Motor Parts. Titles available; Distribution of flyers to dealers.
- Harley headed for K.C.? // Dealernews;Jul96, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p52
Reports that Harley-Davidson Motor Co. has approved funding for increasing motorcycle production at existing facilities and for the construction of a new site in Kansas City, Missouri. Expansions at other facilities; Comments by president and chief executive officer Jeff Bleustein; Projected...
- Lease bikes from The Motor Co. // Dealernews;Oct96, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p62
Reports that Harley-Davidson is offering a bike leasing program. Terms available in the program; Financing for new and used units.
- L.A. Harley-Davidson's ultimate barbecue. // Dealernews;Jan1997, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p60
Reports on Los Angeles, California-based Harley-Davidson's celebration of the expansion of the dealership and showroom for customers and friends. Highlights of the event; Reason for the store expansion.
- Fuel valve prompts Harley recall. // Dealernews;Jan1997, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p63
Reports on Harley-Davidson's recall of motorcycles produced during the 1994 through 1997 model years for use in the United States and Canada, due to concerns over a vacuum-operated fuel valve.
- More from Harley. // Dealernews;Jan1997, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p63
Reports on Harley-Davidson Co.'s marketing modernization for 1997 through a computer CD-ROM disc featuring bike information and pictures.