Mayor of Des Moines Proposes Merger With Polk County
- Iowa: so politicked, so misunderstood. McLaughlin, Abraham // Christian Science Monitor;1/19/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 39, p1
Focuses on Iowa as the people prepare to vote for their preferred candidates in the official start of the United States presidential campaign on January 24, 2000.
- Iowa Governor's budget proposes slower spending and new bonding. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;01/13/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30807, p3
Reports on Iowa State Governor Tom Vilsack's proposed state budget for fiscal year 2001. Features of the proposed budget; Decrease in spending; Issuance of municipal bonds.
- Early Primary States: Iowa. // Advocate;3/6/84, Issue 389, p23
Reports on the level of gay political involvement in Iowa as of March 6, 1984. Creation of the Gay Coalition of Iowa; Proportion of gays to the total number of attendees at the Jefferson-Jackson Day Dinner; Co-sponsor of the federal gay civil rights bill.
- IOWA: July Sees Revenue Hiccup. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/11/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33365, p9
The article reports on the decline in the general fund revenue collected in July 2010 by 2.3 million dollars compared to last year but is expected to increase in August.
- State of Iowa to Accept Dwolla Tax Payments. Sposito, Sean // American Banker;1/23/2013, Vol. 178 Issue 12, p10
The article announces Dwolla online payments company is working with the Iowa state government to create savings for the state and for taxpayers through the use of the company's real-time payments and refunds network and also notes a blog post from Dwolla's spokesman Jordan Lampe.
- IA: Des Moines, IOWA. // Advocate;7/22/86, Issue 451, p26
Reports on the refusal of delegates to the state convention of the Democratic Party in Iowa to change the state party's constitution to give gays a vote on the party's central committee.
- Ganske vs. Smith. // Human Events;7/1/94, Vol. 50 Issue 25, p18
Focuses on Greg Ganske's challenge to Neal Smith for the Iowa seat in the House of Representatives. Smith's failure to win the chairmanship of the House Appropriations Committee; Ganske's social platforms.
- Celebrating land between 2 rivers. Langhorne, John // Corridor Business Journal;12/26/2011, Vol. 8 Issue 23, p16
The article focuses on Iowa, the so-called land between two rivers in the U.S. It mentions several things that people loved in the place, which is a leader in providing health care services, including the people, nature and diversity. It says that Iowa is a role model for good governance because...
- Next Time, Dilute Iowa's Power. Brownstein, Ronald // National Journal;1/5/2008, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p51
The article discusses the influence of the state of Iowa in nominating presidential candidates in the U.S. The factors that elevated the primary standing of Iowa are the compression of the nominating calendar and the explosion of political coverage on mainstream media Internet sites, partisan...