Help-Wanted Index Falls to 58 in June
- CLEAR DAYS IN THE JUNGLE. // New Yorker;4/23/1966, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p56
Presents an excerpt of an advertisement from a job-service paper in Boston, Massachusetts for a job vacancy for a junior salesman with a potential to become assistant to vice president.
- Surveying Adweek's classified ads for jobs. // Adweek Western Edition;6/5/95, Vol. 45 Issue 23, p19
Reports on the increase in job opportunities in advertising, marketing and media based on the volume of help-wanted classifieds in `Adweek' magazine. Regional employment advertisements.
- Help wanted: Workers for Sioux Falls. Cobb, Kathy // Fedgazette;Jan1992, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p13
Reports on the Forward Sioux Falls' attempt to encourage interest in Sioux Falls, South Dakota and its jobs by placing help-wanted advertisements around the United States. Target cities of the job advertisements; Success of the campaign; Estimated number of job seekers who have responded to the...
- Regional and State Highlights. // MAN: Modern Applications News;Jun2009, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p16
The article reports that ten out of 50 states have increased their number of advertised job vacancies for the month of April 2009, which includes New Jersey, New York, and North Carolina. The entry notes that national labor trends remained negative for all U.S. regions as declines have...
- Internet job ads declined. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;2/ 6/2014, pA02
Internet job ads declined in Jan., the Conference Board said. There are 5 mil advertised vacancies, the firm said, but 2 unemployed people for every vacancy.
- VW conducting national search to fill U.S. jobs. // Knoxville Automotive Report;May2012, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p2
The article reports on the move of German car manufacturer Volkswagen to use a national print and online advertising campaign to fill 1,000 specialty positions at its plant in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- Chapter Twelve: You Can Find Work. Schwartz, Stuart; Conley, Craig // Finding Work;1998, p26
This chapter provides a summary of things to do when seeking work. You have to decide what job suits you best by assessing your skills and interests. Gather information about the field that interests. You can access information at a library or school guidance counselor. Seekers should look in...
- THE LITTLE AGENCY. CALLAHAN, KATHLEEN // New Hampshire Business Review;4/5/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p1
The article focuses on the efforts made by the New Hampshire's Division of Economic Development recruitment team to provide the business expansion opportunities in the region. It states that these efforts also provide the citizens in the area with adequate job openings. According to the director...
- How young hopefuls get their first job. // BRW;1/17/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p14
The article presents statistics related to employment in Australia including the percentage of the growth in Internet job advertising and the percentage of the accountancy job offerings in the Internet.