Colleges, Universities Suffer Drop in Endowment Returns
- New approaches aid small endowments. Naese, Susan // Pensions & Investments;7/7/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 14, p58
Looks at the factors allowing smaller endowments to make alternative investments. Allocation increase of several endowments with assets between $200-$500 million; Comments from Janice Albano, director of treasury operations at Mount Holyoke College, in South Hadley, Massachusetts.
- These gifts could become presents for managers, too. Williams, Fred // Pensions & Investments;2/3/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p3
Reports on investments to be made from billion dollar endowments received by various organizations in 2002. Plans of Fayetteville, Arkansas-based University of Arkansas' executives to expand endowment's alternative investments program; Gift of 150 million dollars to Chicago-based Poetry...
- Poor Returns on Endowments Put Investment Managers' Jobs at Risk. // Best's Review;Aug2000, Vol. 101 Issue 4, p108
Reveals the dissatisfaction of majority of organizations responsible for endowments in the United States with investment performance. Probable replacement of investment managers; Amount of assets in endowments.
- BROKER 'Talkback'. // Money Marketing;5/29/2003, p30
Presents the views of British brokers concerning the decision by Scottish Widows Co. to reduce the endowment projection rates on its with-profits book. Pros and cons to the endowment policyholder projections; Problems related to projection valuations; Implications of the decision for the...
- Schwab picking up steam in Las Vegas. Miller, Valerie // Las Vegas Business Press;06/24/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 25, p11
Reports business developments in Nevada as of June 2002. Participation of the investment advisory firms in the Schwab Advisor Network; Endowment of the USA Federal Credit Union to the residents of Archie Grant Park; Initiation of fundraising campaign.
- INDEPENDENT VIEW. Hargreaves, Peter // Money Marketing;10/17/2002, p33
Comments of the state of equity investment in Great Britain. Volume of endowment mortgages; Decline in individual earnings; Disappearance of independent financial advisers.
- Confusion as MVR is included in projections. Henshall, Angela // Money Marketing;3/27/2003, p88
Reports that leading independent financial advisers (IFA) are calling for Great Britain Financial Services Authority to tighten the rules on the methods used by providers to calculate for mortgage endowment statements. Claim of IFA that the array of methods used are resulting in consumer...
- Bear Necessities. Goldstein, Brian // Money Marketing;4/17/2003, p46
Examines the attributes of traded endowment policies that make them an attractive buy for investors. Guaranteed minimum value of every policy; Protection lying in the locked-in value of the bonuses, representing a total and real capital guarantee.
- The chips are down. Love, Bruce // Money Marketing;4/17/2003, p47
Comments on the use of traded endowment policies (Teps) as a tax-efficient savings vehicle or a low-risk investment tool. Guaranteed minimum maturity value of Teps; Differences in valuing Teps from any other type of investment.