SEC Weighs Quinn Ruling; Some Lawyers Betting Against Appeal
- SEC: Time-Out, Fine for Kevin Quinn. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;08/28/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30963, p1
Reports on the securities fraud charges against Kevin Quinn, former head of Alex.Brown & Sons Inc.'s public finance department. Yield-burning-related case against Quinn; Suspension and fine on Quinn.
- Quinn Calls SEC's Request for Sanctions Against Him 'Unwarranted'. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/11/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30993, p5
Reports that Kevin Quinn has asked an administrative law judge to dismiss the securities fraud charges filed against him by the United States Securities and Exchange Commission. Yield burning-related case involving a 494 million dollar Pennsylvania advance refunding; Details of the case.
- Judge Drops Charges In Kevin Quinn Y-B Suit. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;7/30/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31191, p5
Focuses on the acquittal of Kevin Quinn against the securities fraud charges filed in the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Reaction to the decision; Reason behind the acquittal; Claims of SEC.
- Quinn, SEC Strike Tentative Deal in Yield-Burning Case. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;9/11/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31221, p4
Focuses on the agreement between the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and Kevin Quinn, former head of public finance of Alex Brown & Sons Inc., on fraud charges in New York. Apprehensions of the SEC lawyers on the evidentiary ruling; Allegation of violating the securities...
- SEC Gives Nod to Settlement in Kevin Quinn Case. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/2/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31235, p4
Reports the settlement of the case between Kevin Quinn and the Securities and Exchange Commission in the United States. Details of the trial; Conditions of the settlement; Reactions on the reasonability of the settlement.
- McCarthy Dubbed `Mr. Magic' for Alex. Brown, Quinn. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;05/19/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30895, p4
Reports on how attorney Patrick McCarthy brought public finance and investment business to Alex. Brown and Sons Inc. Close working relationship with Kevin Quinn, head of public finance at Alex. Brown; Fraud case brought by the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) against Quinn...
- Protect yourself from fraud. Nusbaum, David // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Mar1995, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p64
Warns investors about fraud in trading. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC); Number of complaints; Background check on stockbroker; Fraudulent sales practices; Telemarketing; Cases; Out-of-the-money options; Effect of infomercials; Recovery; Exemptions to anti-fraud laws. INSETS:...
- Crooks and post-Communist riches. Reerink, Jack // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Mar1995, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p66
Discusses the factors which make Eastern Europeans ideal targets for trading fraud. Circulation of money; Regulations against investments abroad; Lack of bank regulation; Sophistication of investors; Sample case.
- Orange County-style fiasco not likely here, officials say. Kohout, Cheryl // Inside Tucson Business;9/11/95, Vol. 5 Issue 24, p1
Reports on efforts in Pima County, Arizona to prevent the repeat of the Orange County, California fiasco in Arizona. Estimated loss of Orange County in the fiasco; Three rules applied by Pima County in investing; Meeting between Pima County officials and representatives from Patterson &...