Texas School Districts Await Judge's Decision on Funding
- After a Slow Start, Region Gears Up for Surge of Issuance. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/03/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30988, p30
Anticipates positive trends in bond issues and purchases in Southwestern States at the end of 2000. School and transportation issues for the last quarter of 2000; Refunding bonds; Region's outgrowing of infrastructure and school enrollments.
- Court Delay May Force New Hampshire Schools to Resubmit Bonds. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;11/27/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31024, p3
Reports that court delay may force New Hampshire schools to resubmit bonds to voters. Threshold required for bond approval; Disputed bond projects.
- State's School Building Boom Offers a Boon to Bond Investors. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;11/27/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31024, Cover Story p4
Focuses on bonds issued in California for school building constructions. School construction and renovation program of the state; Structure of school bonds sold by the state; Benefits from general obligation bonds.
- Panel Urges Texas School Board To Think Bigger, Much Bigger. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/14/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31037, p1
Reports on the position of the educators and teachers from the Northside Independent School District near San Antonio, Texas on a bond election. Structure of the bonds; Projects that will be funded.
- Reprieve for Several Bond Proposals. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;12/14/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31037, p1
Reports on the plan to increase the private-activity bond volume cap and the low-income housing tax credit in a spending and tax package that the United States Congress is expected to pass. Community renewal portion of the tax bill.
- Don't blow it. // Crain's Cleveland Business;05/14/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p10
Reports on the approval of a school bond issue in Cleveland, Ohio. Renovation and building of schools.
- Deaf Children's School Snags Buyers With Both Yield and Ratings. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;07/13/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30681, p6
Focuses on the bond deal issued by the Massachusetts Health and Educational Facilities Authority on behalf of the Learning Center for Deaf Children, a school for deaf children in the state. Bond ratings; Deal structure; Previous private placement issues of the school.
- Michigan schools endure lackluster bond elections. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;10/01/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30738, p4
Reports on the bond elections in Michigan in September 1999. Number of measures approved and rejected; Delay of the issue of the School Bond Loan Fund.
- Results of negotiated sales. Tracey, Yvonne; Roggio, Lillian // Bond Buyer;11/16/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30769, p20
Presents the results of negotiated bond sales in the United States as of the week of November 16, 1999. Includes Colorado Health Facilities Authority; Delaware Economic Development Authority; Ohio State University.
- Little Rock's School Bond Equation. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;05/17/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30893, p1
Reports on the structure of the bond issue of Little Rock School District in Arkansas. Revenue that will be generated from the five-mill property tax increase; Repairs and renovations at existing district facilities.