- Keeping Arizona Moving. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;7/19/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31431, p1
Reports the construction plan of the light-rail system in Phoenix, Arizona. Approval of the tax increase; Plan of the city to issue bonds; Generation of finances for the project.
- San Antonio group will endorse light rail system, tax increase. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;06/25/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30422, p4
Reports that a task force studying the transit system in San Antonio, Texas will recommend building a light-rail system and raise the transit agency's sales tax to possibly back bonds. Percentage of the sales tax increase proposed by the task force; Funding of projects with the sales tax,...
- Vote 'No' on Propositions 200, 201. // Inside Tucson Business;10/20/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 15, p4
Editorial. Calls for residents of Tucson, Arizona to reject Propositions 200 and 201 in the November 4, 2003 elections. Criticism of the transportation improvement methods espoused by the propositions; Proposed increase in a construction contracting sales tax; Belief that the funding mechanism...
- Kansas City To Bond for A Streetcar. SHIELDS, YVETTE // Bond Buyer;12/26/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33835, p1
The article informs that the streetcar line construction project of Kansas City will begin in the year 2013. It mentions that the construction plan will be made by using a financial plan supported by the city mayor Sly James and by the City Council member Russ Johnson. It also informs that the...
- WHY ARE BUILDING LIGHT RAIL? Semmens, John // Journal of Transportation Law, Logistics & Policy;First Quarter2005, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p28
This article focuses on the building of light rails. While proponents of increased funding of light rail transit are doing their best to promote increased spending of tax dollars, policymakers would do well to consider the implications before rushing to board the light rail "bandwagon." An...
- Value-Conscious, Not Cheap. Sandor, Steven // Avenue: Edmonton;Aug2013, p16
The article offers the author's insights on the second annual Best Neighbourhoods Survey in Edmonton, Alberta which ranks the neighbourhoods based on total points. He says that the respondents ranked the expansion of light rail transit (LRT) as the most significant future development for the...
- Kuala Lumpur builds two light-rail lines. Reina, Peter // ENR: Engineering News-Record;1/15/96, Vol. 236 Issue 2, p57
Reports on the construction of light-rail systems in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Opening of the first leg of the STAR light-rail system on February 1996; Start of construction of the Putra rail system.
- Light rail job running along. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;03/03/97, Vol. 238 Issue 9, p20
Reports on the efforts to make the completion deadline for a light rail system project in San Diego, California. Environmental requirements and site access restrictions hampering the construction's progress; Number of stations encompassing the project.
- Will light rail become hostage to union demands? // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;09/15/97, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p18
Anticipates the impact of the proposed light rail transit to Salt Lake City, Utah. Concern arising from the Bay Area Rapid Transit Strike in San Francisco, California; Risks of giving labor unions power to go on strike.