The Science Of A Hit Book--Small Seed Sprouts Big Deal
- Morris's Carlisle opens own agency. // Publishers Weekly;6/8/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 23, p18
Announces that Michael V. Carlisle, former vice-president at the William Morris Agency, has opened his own literary agency, Carlisle & Company LLC. Authors that have joined his firm, including Buzz Bissinger, James Gleick, Dava Sobel and Ed Rollins; Carlisle's role as consultant with the...
- Seven Inductees For GCAA Hall Of Fame. // Golf World;11/ 1/2010, Vol. 64 Issue 13, p9
The article presents the names of seven inductees for the Golf Coaches Association of America's (GCAA's) Hall Of Fame class, which include Steve Desimone, Michael Carlisle and Kyle Blaser.
- Attention to detail spurs D-II dynasty. McCartan, Ted // Golf World;9/23/2005, Vol. 59 Issue 13, p34
The article states that in many respects the Pacers have been the New England Patriots of Division II golf the last two years, winning 11 of 13 tournaments en route to a second consecutive title in 2005. They even come with their own version of star quarterback Tom Brady in reigning player of...
- Contemporary Soviet authors. // Commentary;Jul85, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p36
Contemporary Soviet authors offer a more comprehensive view of the state of culture and creative life in the Soviet Union than has been available to Westerners since the early 60s. The author discusses the works of authors born between 1925 and1933; sons of revolutionaries, they had started...
- A world of work, a world of interruptions fill with snow. Remmerde, Jon // Christian Science Monitor;1/23/97, Vol. 89 Issue 40, p17
Focuses on the experiences of a writer, and the realization that interruptions from writing make up the actual substance of a writer's life. View that there would be nothing to write about if there were no interruptions.
- COVER. Coleman, Denise Youngblood // Latvia Country Review;2007, p1
People that the author would like to thank for their assistance in the creation of the book "2007 Country Review--Latvia" are mentioned.
- COVER. Coleman, Denise Youngblood // Lebanon Country Review;2007, p1
People that the author would like to thank for their assistance in the creation of the book "2007 Country Review--Lebanon" are mentioned.
- Breakfasts. // Publishers Weekly;6/30/89, Vol. 235 Issue 26, p47
Reports on the Book & Author Breakfast, with speakers Calvin Trillin, P.D. James, Garry B. Trudeau, Robert B. Parker, and others.
- Authors. // Publishers Weekly;6/30/89, Vol. 235 Issue 26, p46
Photo essay of the authors attending the American Booksellers Association convention. Steve Allen, John le Carre, Erma Bombeck, Art Buchwald and others.