The Mexican roots of the Indian Lavender Tree
- Lavender, Lavender. // Aromatic News;Autumn2002, p4
Focuses on lavender as a source of essential oil (EO). Color, clarity, viscosity, intensity of scent and taste desired of the EO; Hydrosols of lavender; Proportion of linalool to linalyl acetate; Characteristics of lavender varieties from various countries.
- SPEKIN' GOOD. GUNCH, MODINE // New Orleans Magazine;Sep2015, Vol. 49 Issue 12, p46
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of accompanying her mother-in-law and the latter's cousin, who brought home a bottle of vinegar instead of a bottle of lavender oil which she could use for her suitcase to smell good.
- Progress in Essential Oils. Lawrence, Brian M. // Perfumer & Flavorist;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p78
Cites the results of the chemical analysis of the composition of several essential oils in the market. Lime oil; Copaiba balsam oil; Fennel oil.
- Advances in the Chemical Composition of Lavandula dentata L. Essential Oil from Algeria. Bousmaha, Leila; Bekkara, Fewzia Atik; Tomi, Felix; Casanova, Joseph // Journal of Essential Oil Research;May/Jun2005, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p292
The essential oils obtained from two populations of Lavandula dentata L. from Algeria were examined by GC, GC/MS and 13C-NMR. The oils were rich in Î²-pinene (6.0-26.0%) and 1,8-cineole (0.9-36.3%). The two oils exhibited different compositions: cineole/Î²-pinene and...
- Essential oil composition of Lavandula angustifolia Mill. cultivated in the mid hills of Uttarakhand, India. Verma, Ram S.; Rahman, Laiq U.; Chanotiya, Chandan S.; Verma, Rajesh K.; Chauhan, Amit; Yadav, Anju; Singh, Anand; Yadav, Ajai K. // Journal of the Serbian Chemical Society;Mar2010, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p343
The essential oil content in the inflorescence of lavender (Lavandula angustifolia Mill.) cultivated in the mid hills of Uttarakhand was found to be 2.8 % based on the fresh weight. The oil was analysed by capillary GC and GC- MS. Thirty seven constituents, representing 97.81 % of the oil were...
- Lavender Oil Demonstrates Impressive Antifungal Activity. Kumar, S. Arvind // Current Trends in Biotechnology & Pharmacy;Oct2011, Vol. 5 Issue 4, piii
The article reports on a study at the University of Coimbra, Portugal, which investigated on essential oils distilled from Lavandula viridis or lavender as a potent antifungal agent against dermatophytes and Candida species.
- MAKING SCENTS. King, Elisabeth // Australian House & Garden;Dec2011, p235
The article reports that it has become tough trying to select a fragrance with so many new perfumes launched recently. It is mentioned that floral fragrances are feminine, which is why they have been popular for centuries. It is mentioned that fresh fragrances are for the fun-loving with a great...
- Essential info. // Self;Nov2001, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p44
Provides information on various oil and essences for use in skin care. Clary sage; Lavender; Oregano.
- Progress in Essential Oils. Lawrence, Brian M. // Perfumer & Flavorist;Nov2015, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p42
The article offers information about the lavender oils produced in various places around the world, including China, Pancevo, Serbia, and Italy.