UNA ESPECIE NUEVA DE PERYMENIUM (COMPOSITAE, HELIANTHEAE) DEL ESTADO DE Mï¿½XICO (Mï¿½XICO)
- Beyond Trivial Relationships: on the Hidden Aspects of Biodiversity. Bartha, Sándor // Folia Geobotanica;Sep2008, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p371
The strong correlation found between detailed and simple measures of biodiversity at landscape-scale may suggest that patterns of detailed diversity measures are artifacts (sensu Palmer et al. , this issue). For example the regional pattern of Compositional Diversity (a measure of within-stand...
- Slantius (bearded, fall type). FINLEY, CAIT // CutBank;2012, Issue 77, p106
A photograph is presented depicting Slantius.
- New twist on a old theme. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/14/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 24, p5
The article reports on the opening of Calliope-On-Main, a not-for-profit antique shop in Livingston Manor, New York.
- Letter from the Editor. Charney, Noah // Journal of Art Crime;Spring2013, Issue 9, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including antiquities, restitution and organized crime.
- Illuminating Our World: An Essay on the Unraveling of the Species Problem, with Assistance from a Barnacle and a Goose. Buckeridge, John; Watts, Rob // Humanities (2076-0787);Dec2012, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p145
In order to plan for the future, we must understand the past. This paper investigates the manner in which both naturalists and the wider community view one of the most intriguing of all questions: what makes a species special? Consideration is given to the essentialist view--a rigid perspective...
- Exaptation as source of creativity, innovation, and diversity: introduction to the Special Section. Andriani, Pierpaolo; Cattani, Gino // Industrial & Corporate Change;Feb2016, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p115
Exaptation is one of the most important and, yet, little studied evolutionary mechanisms in the history of species, ecosystems, and artifacts (e.g., technologies). Many, if not most, of all biological traits and human artifacts that were developed for particular functions started as something...
- The Tenth Annual Historic East Berlin Antique Show. // Maine Antique Digest;Jul2007, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p78
The article reports on the tenth annual Historic East Berlin Antique Show to be held in Pennsylvania on May 17-19, 2007. It is stated that the proceeds of the show will go to the nonprofit organization called East Berlin Historical Preservation Society for the development of five buildings....
- A helping hand for earth-friendly photogs. Lapin, Mark // Photo District News;Sep97, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p126
Introduces the Blue Earth Alliance, a non-profit foundation dedicated to supporting photographic projects about endangered species and indigenous cultures. Founders; Board members; Fund raising activities.
- homologue. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1089
A definition of the term "homologue," which refers to a common part or organ to several species, is presented.