CAMBIOS DE RANGO TAXONï¿½MICO Y NUEVAS COMBINACIONES NOMENCLATURALES EN TRES COMPUESTAS MEXICANAS
- Cultivated Landscapes of Middle America on the Eve of Conquest (Book). Herrera, Robinson A. // Agricultural History;Spring2004, Vol. 78 Issue 2, p250
Reviews the book "Cultivated Landscapes of Middle America on the Eve of Conquest," by Thomas M. Whitmore and B.L. Turner II.
- HYBRID DISCIPLINE. Crawford, Dan // BioScience;Nov86, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p678
Reviews the book "Plant Chemosystematics," by J.B. Harborne and B.L. Turner.
- Chemotaxonomy of the Leguminosae. GIANNASI, DAVID E. // BioScience;Oct1972, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p624
The article reviews the book "Chemotaxonomy of the Leguminosae," edited by J. B. Harborne, D. Boulter, and B. L. Turner.
- Family with back-to-front organs. // New Scientist;5/21/94, Vol. 142 Issue 1926, p12
Presents the results of the ten-year study of botanists on the plant life of Mesoamerica. Scanning electron micrograph of Lancandonia schismatica; Number of flower species identified by the botanists.
- Sense and systematics. Johnson, L.A.S. // South African Journal of Science;Jul96, Vol. 92 Issue 7, p303
Discusses issues affecting plant systematics research. Primary purpose of biological systematics; Reasoning behind taking phylogeny as the foundation of an understanding based system of biological classification; Main approach to phylogenetic reconstruction; Importance of field knowledge in...
- Criteria for plant systematics research projects in the National Botanical Institute of South... Smith, Gideon F.; Mossmer, Marthina // South African Journal of Science;Jul96, Vol. 92 Issue 7, p320
Proposes a set of criteria for plant systematics research projects in the National Botanical Institute (NBI) of South Africa. Systematics research in the NBI; Criteria for relevant research; Criteria for individual systematics research projects.
- Priorities for taxonomic research on the Cape flora. Linder, H.P. // South African Journal of Science;Jul96, Vol. 92 Issue 7, p323
Highlights the priorities for taxonomic research on the Cape Floristic Region of South Africa. Taxonomists' need to establish a biodiversity council that can co-ordinate the taxonomic work at Cape flora; Taxonomy of economic plants; Origins and evolution of the Cape flora; Biogeographical...
- Going by the book. Reynolds, C. // Texas Monthly;Jan90, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p122
Profiles Texas author A.W. `Bill' Gray, who is serving a sentence for mail fraud, and has also written two crime novels while in prison, and has been called one of the most promising crime novelists in the country. His career and slide into crimeare described.
- Cultivated Landscapes of Middle America on the Eve of Conquest (Book). Dull, Robert A. // Historical Geography;2003, Vol. 31, p171
Reviews the book 'Cultivated Landscapes of Middle America on the Eve of Conquest,' by Thomas M. Whitmore and B.L. Turner.