- NAS Elects New Members. // BioScience;Oct84, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p595
Presents a list of the newly elected members as of 1984 to the National Academy of Sciences.
- NAS elects new members. // Physics Today;Jun88, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p116
This article presents a list of the newly elected members of the National Academy of Sciences (NAS), whose work is in physics or related fields, as of April 1988.
- NAS Elects New Members. // Physics Today;Jul2002, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p73
Provides information on the elected members of the National Academy of Sciences at its annual meeting in April 2002. Professional background of the new members; Number of active members; Number of foreign associates elected.
- News from the Membership. Branch, Glenn // Reports of the National Center for Science Education;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p10
The article offers news briefs related to the members of the nonprofit organization National Center for Science Education (NCSE) in the U.S. NCSE's board of directors Brian Alters and Lorne Trottier have given talks in McGill University's Mini-Science lecture series. NCSE executive director...
- UC San Diego Faculty Elected to Institute of Medicine. // Ascribe Newswire: Medicine;10/16/2001, p9
Two faculty members of the University of California's San Diego School of Medicine are among 60 individuals elected to membership in the prestigious Institute of Medicine, which is part of the U.S. National Academy of Sciences, as of October 16, 2001. Daniel R. Masys, associate clinical...
- Two Chinese Americans Elected as New Members of the National Academy of Science. // Chinese American Forum;Aug1987, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p23
The article reports on two Chinese Americans elected in the National Academy of Science. Chinese American scientists Frank H. S. Shu and Daniel C. Tsui have been elected as members of the National Academy of Science on April 28. Shu is a professor of astronomy at the University of...
- Physics and the world in 1982. Goldhaber, Maurice // Physics Today;Apr83, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p35
Reports on the involvement of the American Physical Society (APS) in physics worldwide in 1982. Membership of the APS; Collaboration of the APS with the National Academy of Sciences in studying the issue of controlling the flow of technical information by the U.S. government; Commemoration of...
- we hear that. // Physics Today;Jul80, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p55
Presents news briefs related to the physics community as of July 1980. Recipients of the American Physical Society Forum on Physics and Society's prize for 1980; Information on the election at the National Academy of Sciences; Details of the annual awards from the Institute of Physics.
- 50 & 25 Years Ago. Robinson, Leif J. // Sky & Telescope;Jun2008, Vol. 115 Issue 6, p16
This section presents astronomy-related news published in the previous issues of "Sky & Telescope." The behavior of the cosmic-ray counters inside Explorers I and III was described by J. A. Van Allen during the meeting of the National Academy of Sciences and the American Physical Society in June...