AN OPPORTUNITY AND A RESPONSIBILITY: MONITORING TEMPERATURE
- Food zapper. Stover, Dawn // Popular Science;Mar95, Vol. 246 Issue 3, p59
Features ohmic heating in food technology which increases food shelf life by about a year. Use of electric current to generate heat inside food; Rapidity of the process.
- 'As good as fresh': Creative rolls out new pasteurisation method. // Grocer;3/24/2012, p9
The article describes the Micropast food pasteurisation method developed by Creative New Food.
- Beware of exploding samosas this Xmas! CHOUDHURY, IMRAN // Eastern Eye;12/19/2014, Issue 1282, p3
The article reports on the insights of several food and health experts regarding the explotion of the Indian savory dish samosa served by worker Faheem Mohammed from the Blackburn restaurant.
- Cooks, Should You Turn Down the Heat? // Natural Health;Jul2003, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p19
According to a study conducted at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York City, diabetics who roasted, fried, or broiled their food had significantly more inflammation in their bodies than those who cooked their foods at lower temperatures. High temperatures and dry heat cause food to...
- Sensitivity of latent heat flux from PILPS land-surface schemes to perturbations of surface air... Qu, Weiqing; Henderson-Sellers, A.; Pitman, A.J.; Chen, T.H.; Abramopoulos, F.; Boone, A.; Chang, S.; Chen, F.; Dai, Y.; Dickinson, R.E.; D�menil, L.; Ek, M.; Gedney, N.; Gusev, Y.M.; Kim, J.; Koster, R.; Kowalczyk, E.A.; Lean, J.; Lettenmaier, D.; Liang, X. // Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences;6/1/98, Vol. 55 Issue 11, p1909
Provides information on the description and analysis of the sensitivity of latent heat fluxes in current land-surface schemes to the change of air temperature. Information on the sensitivity of latent heat fluxes in the Plus2 and the Minus2 experiments; Formulation of latent heat fluxes in...
- Appendix A. Thermal conversion factors. // Monthly Energy Review;Dec96, p145
Summarizes the thermal conversion factors used for the measurement of heat. Measurement of heat content in petroleum products; Crude oil and crude oil products; Natural gas plant liquids; Coal; Bituminous coal and lignite; Anthracite and coal coke; Rates for electricity.
- Appendix A. Thermal conversion factors. // Monthly Energy Review;Jan97, p145
Presents thermal conversion factors used to estimate the heat content in thermal units of Great Britain for a given amount of energy measured in physical units, such as barrels or cubic feet. Approximate heat content of petroleum products; Crude oil, crude oil and products and natural gas plant...
- Decree days for selected cities. // Energy User News;May97, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p64
Presents a chart of the heating degree days in the United States for the month of March 1997.
- Measuring temperatures I: What is temperature? Jones, John T. // Ceramic Industry;Oct95, Vol. 145 Issue 5, p153
Offers technical advice for ceramics industry workers on the measurement of temperatures. Importance of accuracy in temperature measurement; Definition of temperature; Qualitative way of establishing temperature; Establishment of a temperature scale.