SAVE TIME, BOOST FLAVOR: Steamers and kettles
- Volume cooking. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;2/12/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 4614, p62
The article presents information on the types of equipments designed for producing high volume cooking in commercial kitchens in the food service industry. The pressureless models of steamers are being developed that cooks several variety of food in minimal time without cross contamination of...
- Combination oven/steamers. Bendall, Dan // Food Management;Jan1999, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p57
Reports on the growing use of combination oven/steamers in food service operations in the United States. Primary reasons for paying a high price for combination oven/steamers; Applications; Range of models available in the market; Operation considerations; Key to selection and purchasing.
- CUTTING EDGE IDEAS FOR THE COMMERCIAL KITCHEN. // Appliance Design;Jul2007, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p8
The article announces kitchen equipment that were honored with a 2007 Kitchen Innovation Award at the 2007 National Restaurant Association Restaurant, Hotel-Motel Show, including the ASF-75G Gas Fryer from Alto Shaam, the Model XCEL.5E Hydrovection oven from Blodgett Oven Co., and the Convotherm...
- Equipment News. // Restaurant Hospitality;Jun2005, Vol. 89 Issue 6, p116
This article covers information on the latest products geared for food-service employees as of June 2005. New ACR Guest Checks from DayMark Food Safety Systems are designed to increase the efficiency of ordering. The checks are available in several formats with a variety of duplicate...
- NEW PRODUCTS. // FoodService Director;3/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p35
The article features foodservice equipment and supplies. Solo Cup Company's Traveler Plus reclosable lid is ideal for serving hot beverages to-go. Hatco Corporation's Flay-R-Savor Tall Humidified Holding Cabinet is designed to offer the flexibility to prepare larger quantities of proven...
- WHAT'S COOKIN'. // Corrections Forum;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p30
The article evaluates food service products that include chicken luncheon meats from Crider Inc., Web Recipes software from Computrition, and the BC-20E Electric Combination-Oven/Steamer from Blodgett.
- SPOTLIGHT. // FoodService Director;7/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p40
Presents information on food service products and equipment. Heat on Demand on Tray from Aladdin Temp-Rite; Trophy food containers from Solo Cup Co.; Steam Chef6-Boilerless Steamer from Cleveland Range; Carbonated fruit juice from the Switch Beverage Co.
- FOODSERVICE BUYER: PRODUCTS. // Restaurant Business;Dec2007, Vol. 106 Issue 12, p56
The article evaluates several food and food service products including Star Fast Steamers from Star Manufacturing International Inc., Ready-To-Go Fillo Dough from Athens, and JR Buffalo Sticks from Simplot.
- COMBI OVEN STERMERS. Drysdale, John A. // Chef Educator Today;Autumn2007, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p29
The article features the combination oven steamers. Popularly known as combi's, the oven steamer was an answer to the food service industry's call for more efficient use of space in the kitchen as well as a more efficient use of equipment. A combination oven steamer can work as convection oven,...