COOKIES, QUICK BREAD AND MORE: DIGGING INTO DESSERTS
- VEGAN FOOD PRODUCTS. // Vegetarian Journal's Foodservice Update;Summer2002, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p6
Presents several vegan food products. Use of endive as perfect ingredient for catered events; Organic non-dairy frozen dessert; Varieties of grain mixes.
- Sweets for the sweet. Sass, Lorna J.; Serviss, Rosemary // Natural Health;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p94
Presents recipes for baked vegan desserts. Includes Chocolate Mousse Cake; Almond Cookies; Anise-Pignoli Cookies; Mince Pie with Twisted Lattice Crust; Boston Cream Pie.
- RESTAURANT REVIEW. // Animals Today;2004, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p25
Evaluates Sharma's Pure Vegan and Vegetarian Restaurant and Takeaway in Melbourne, Victoria. Comment of a customer regarding the taste of Soya Wadi Masala dish; Vegan and vegetarian menus offered by the restaurant; Price range of the dishes.
- Serving the Strict Vegan. Berkoff, Nancy // FoodService Director;4/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p37
The article discusses the importance of a wide selection of vegan offerings and incorporates local sustainable foods too a food service company. Vegans refrain from eating meat, fish, poultry, eggs, dairy, honey or refined sugar, in other words, no animals or animal byproducts. All vegans...
- LYFE Kitchen. // Nation's Restaurant News;9/8/2014, Vol. 48 Issue 17, p20
The article reviews the LYFE Kitchen menu which focuses on gluten-free, vegan and vegetarian dishes.
- ESTABLISHING GUIDELINES FOR VEGGIE LUNCHES IN SCHOOLS. Gorn, Heather // Vegetarian Journal;2004, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p35
Focuses on the work of Project Healthy Beginnings, a group of parents in the San Diego, California, area that has worked to incorporate vegetarian and vegan alternatives into the school lunch menu. Group's effort to secure support for the Assembly Concurrent Resolution No. 16, which requests...
- FAST FOOD UPDATE. // Vegetarian Journal;2004, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p36
Describes the veggie burger from fastfood chain McDonald's. Patty ingredients; Ingredients of burger bun.
- How to be a HEALTHY VEGETARIAN. McCahon, Jessica // Dolly;Jul2004, Issue 405, p100
Focuses on vegetarians and their diet. Tips to become a healthy vegetarian; Kinds of vegetarians; Celebrity vegetarians; Sample vegetarian menu; Nutrients absent in a vegetarian diet.
- Vegetarian Laos. Kato, Hiroko // Vegetarian Journal;2002, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p18
Focuses on the food specialties in Laos. Citation of vegetarian foods in the country; Experience of Laotian food; Main ingredients found in desserts.