- No-regrets chocolate cake. Vitetta-Miller, Robin // Shape;Feb2003, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p118
Presents a low-calorie chocolate snacking cake. Ingredients, preparation time and cook time for the recipe; Method of preparation; Period up to which it can be preserved; Nutritional information about the cake.
- Cooking light and fancy. Ellis, J. // House Beautiful;Feb91, Vol. 133 Issue 2, p107
Offers new cooking techniques that pare down calories but enhance flavor, excerpted from `The Art of Low-Calorie Cooking,' by Sally Schneider. Recipes include: Giambotta, crab cakes, poule au pot, and more.
- Forecasts: How-to. McQuade, M. // Publishers Weekly;9/21/1990, Vol. 237 Issue 38, p72
Reviews the cookbook `The Art of Low-Calorie Cooking,` by Sally Schneider, photographs by Maria Robledo.
- ideas from the pantry. // Australian Women's Weekly;Mar2006, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p246
The article offers several cooking tips. It recommends grilled plums with ice-cream and nougat as a dessert. Instructions for making low-calorie appetiser are presented. It includes tips on preparing a Vietnamese-style Spicy Noodle Salad.
- Sweet selections. Roberts, Shauna S. // Diabetes Forecast;Jun2003, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p95
Presents information on low-calorie sweeteners and cookery using sugar and low-calorie sweeteners. Overview of the low-calorie sweeteners approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration; Ingredients and method of preparation for black and white pudding, raspberry sauce with mango and others. ...
- Eat This Not That. // Men's Health;Jun2005, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p74
Presents information on the food composition of two low-calorie lunch meals. Baja Fresh Ensalada; Wendy's Taco Supremo Salad With Salsa and Chips.
- The Gourmet Gazelle Cookbook (Book). JS // Library Journal;5/15/1989, Vol. 114 Issue 9, p84
Reviews the book "The Gourmet Gazelle Cookbook," by Ellen Brown.
- get lean. // Men's Fitness;Mar2006, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p24
This article presents various weight loss tips. Italian food is rarely lean, but when looking for quick eats, this dish is the best choice due to its high protein and low carbohydrate contents. People who drinks one alcoholic drink per day are less likely to be obese.
- YOUR 400 CALORIE FIX. Shaffer, Alyssa // Prevention;Feb2009, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p85
The article presents information on the 400 Calorie Fix weight loss plan for women of the "Prevention" magazine. The plan teaches women to control calories by limiting meals to about 400 calories each. The plan also stresses the importance of estimating calories in each meal. It cites several...
- CALORIES! G. G. // Shape;Aug2006, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p30
The article presents information on several books that discuss low calorie global cuisine, and presents a workout that can be done in a hotel room. "It's Not About the Tapas," by Polly Evans talks about Spanish cuisine. British journalist Evans took a six-week tour of the country and sampled...