Following the guidelines
- LET THEM EAT CRISPS. Dixon, Bernard // Sciences;Jan82, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p7
Presents developments related to nutrition among students in Great Britain. Influence of government policies on the nutritional well-being of the students; Decrease in the tally of children eating school meals; Inefficiency of food service in schools.
- Remedial Eating. Stanley, Sarah // Psychology Today;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p43
The article presents updates on school cafeteria food in the U.S. as of September 2011. According to University of Miami assistant professor of pediatrics Danielle Hollar, academic performance is improved by providing better food, since it helps children stay full longer and keeping them focused...
- School meal volume stays strong in '04. // FoodService Director;1/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p31
Provides information on the "2004 School Industry Census and Performance Report" from "Foodservice Director" magazine. Number of school districts in the U.S. that participated in the annual report; Percentage of students who participated in school meal programs in the 2003 to 2004 school year...
- Striving for balance. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;07/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p74
Cites the challenges faced by foodservice operators in the United States in serving foods to college students who are fat- and calorie-conscious. Reason for increasing health concerns; Examples of lowfat/low-calorie choices that are offered to students; Food habits of college students.
- Healthier on all fronts. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p96
Covers the efforts of foodservice employees in several colleges and universities in the United States in introducing healthy foods to students. How Patty Smith, school lunch manager at Oswego City School District, New York, prepares meals; Menu served by Peggy Lee, senior director of child...
- The heart of the matter: Study on trans fat makes blood curdle but accelerates change. Allen, Robin Lee // Nation's Restaurant News;2/20/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p27
The article presents a survey released by the Center for Science in the Public Interest which shows that top hospitals in the U.S. were serving their staff, visitors and some patients foods prepared with partially hydrogenated oil. Trans fat is known to attack heart in a two-pronged fashion....
- Chefs strive for the perfect combination of fat, flavor. Parseghian // Nation's Restaurant News;09/13/99, Vol. 33 Issue 37, p81
Explains how restaurateurs and chefs can combine flavor and nutrition. Careful preparation of natural products; Nutritious foods from fast food restaurants; Popularity of wild foods in fine dining; Fresh herbs and vegetables at casual chain concepts.
- BEST IN BEANS. // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p16
The article presents recipes for kidney beans, cannellini beans, and black beans.
- The Second Coming of the Age of Nutrition. Lawn, John // Food Management;Apr2003, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p6
Focuses on ways in which people involved in food service and management industry can take advantage of an increase in importance given to nutrition. Most of the newspapers or magazines feature a nutrition story of some sort. For years, onsite operators have followed the lead of commercial...