PLUS TRANSPORTATION, INSURANCE: Rising energy costs affect frozen food
- MARKETS. // Farmers Weekly;3/19/2004, Vol. 140 Issue 12, p23
Presents statistics on the production and prices of farm produce from 2002 to 2004 in Great Britain. Average milk price per litre; Prices of wheat; Producer prices for potatoes.
- Refrigerated Dairy Sales Up; Approaching $10 Billion. // Frozen Food Age;Jul2006, Vol. 54 Issue 12, p28
The article presents information on selected refrigerated products in the market, collated by Information Resources Inc. Supermarket dairy sales took an upswing in the 12 weeks ended June 18, 2006. The teas/coffee, side dishes, spreads, sauce/gravy/marinade mixes and eggs categories posted the...
- Ripe for the Picking. // Southern Living;Jan2006, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p124
The article provides information about several kinds of frozen food preparations. Long and slender, frozen whole green beans can easily stand in for fresh ones. Time-saving seasoning blends, featuring frozen diced onion, bell peppers, and celery, add easy and unexpected flavor to pots of field...
- Potato Manufacturers Seek Excitement Beyond the Fry. Harrison, Dan // Frozen Food Age;Mar1999, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p1
Focuses on the meal solutions offered by frozen potato manufacturers. Background on roasted products; Description on the Oven Chips product from Ore-Ida; Comments from Don Smith, president of NorSun Food Group.
- Trend watch. // Cincinnati;Aug2002, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p176
Presents potato varieties available at the farmer's market in Cincinnati, Ohio. Types of colors; Taste and sizes.
- Potato production up 1% citrus prices move higher. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;01/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p82
Reports on expected output of farm produce in the United States for 1999. Increase of potato production; Growth in citrus prices due to favorable harvests; Statistics and outlook of farm produce harvested. INSET: Market basket.
- Commodity Corner. Wenkel, Mike // Michigan Farmer (0026-2153);Oct2012, Vol. 316 Issue 10, p80
The article offers Michigan news briefs as on October 1, 2012 related to topics of farm produce including pork production, new executive director of the Michigan Potato industry, and the Michigan wheat Program.
- Untitled. // Irish Farmers Monthly;May2008, p4
An image of Michael Hoey of Country Crest and Sam Donaldson of Superquinn inspecting the first of the new season Irish homeguard potatoes grown Lusk Co. based in Dublin, Ireland is presented.
- Mehr Kartoffeln im Ausland verarbeitet. // Lebensmittel Zeitung;5/10/2013, Issue 19, p0072
The article offers information on the processing of Swiss-grown potatoes in other countries following a 2013 bumper crop.