SCHOOLS: Vending milk opens door to extra venues
- COLLEGES: Perception adds sales-building opportunities. // FoodService Director;07/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p42
Focuses on the vending business in college and university campuses in the United States in 2001. Perception of food from vending machines; Examples of some marketing strategies that helped increase vending sales; Payment methods accepted by machines.
- Got (Local) Milk? // University Business;Mar2005, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p17
Reports on the decision of the dining hall at Massachusetts-based Hampshire College to purchase milk from Cook Farm in a move to help support local farmers as of March 2005. Milk varieties delivered by the dairy farm to the dining hall; Shares of Community Supported Agriculture food bought by...
- A SIGN OF THE TIMES: Univ. trades tuition for commodities. Salkin, Stephanie // FoodService Director;1/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p46
Presents an update on food service commodities in the U.S. as of January 15, 2003. Information on the liberal arts education barter program at the Lindenwood University in Saint Charles, Missouri; Beef campaign launched by the national Cattlemen's Beef Association; Increase in milk sales.
- $1.4 MIL. SALES: Self-op vending at VA school dist. // FoodService Director;03/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p10
Reports on the vending program of Chesterfield County Public Schools in Virginia. Annual income generated by the program; Benefits gained from the program; Incentives offered to managers in high schools.
- Byndal, USA Technologies Offering Mobile Marketing. // ISO & Agent Weekly;5/15/2014, Vol. 10 Issue 19, p17
The article offers information on the partnership between vending machine technology companies including Byndl Inc. and USA Technologies Inc. to provide cross-channel marketing and customer service through mobile devices with focus on vending machines in workplaces or college campuses in the U.S.
- With New ARAMARK Contract: U-Penn eyes vend sale bump. // FoodService Director;09/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the agreement between ARAMARK and the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia regarding the management of the school's vending machine program. Expectations of the school from the agreement; Marketing plans of ARAMARK; Information on the vending machine operations of the company...
- College foodservice meets challenges with innovations. Pierce, C. Dennis // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, JumpStart p3
Editorial. Discusses some of the innovations which are being made in colleges in the United States, to improve the food service operations. Details on some of the changes made to cafeterias in colleges; Problems which are being encountered by food service directors; Reference to some of the...
- Comparing in-house vs. national brands. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p174
Compares the quality of the food service offered by the auxiliary service sector and the campus facilities, highlighting a case study conducted at the Michigan State University. Details on some of the methods used to enhance quality of foods at the facilities; Revenues generated by colleges...
- Campus feeders deploy more brands in bids to revive student-center dining. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;7/29/96, Vol. 30 Issue 29, p41
Focuses on the efforts of food service industry to revive student-center dining in college campuses in the United States. Effects of growing percentage of older enrollees; Campus expansion; Scholars' embracing of computer technology.