COLLEGES: Perception adds sales-building opportunities
- SCHOOLS: Vending milk opens door to extra venues. // FoodService Director;07/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p48
Reports on milk vending machine sales in schools in the United States in 2001. Types of milk that are sold; How milk is packaged; Preferences of students.
- $1.4 MIL. SALES: Self-op vending at VA school dist. // FoodService Director;03/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p10
Reports on the vending program of Chesterfield County Public Schools in Virginia. Annual income generated by the program; Benefits gained from the program; Incentives offered to managers in high schools.
- Byndal, USA Technologies Offering Mobile Marketing. // ISO & Agent Weekly;5/15/2014, Vol. 10 Issue 19, p17
The article offers information on the partnership between vending machine technology companies including Byndl Inc. and USA Technologies Inc. to provide cross-channel marketing and customer service through mobile devices with focus on vending machines in workplaces or college campuses in the U.S.
- With New ARAMARK Contract: U-Penn eyes vend sale bump. // FoodService Director;09/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the agreement between ARAMARK and the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia regarding the management of the school's vending machine program. Expectations of the school from the agreement; Marketing plans of ARAMARK; Information on the vending machine operations of the company...
- College foodservice meets challenges with innovations. Pierce, C. Dennis // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, JumpStart p3
Editorial. Discusses some of the innovations which are being made in colleges in the United States, to improve the food service operations. Details on some of the changes made to cafeterias in colleges; Problems which are being encountered by food service directors; Reference to some of the...
- Comparing in-house vs. national brands. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p174
Compares the quality of the food service offered by the auxiliary service sector and the campus facilities, highlighting a case study conducted at the Michigan State University. Details on some of the methods used to enhance quality of foods at the facilities; Revenues generated by colleges...
- Campus feeders deploy more brands in bids to revive student-center dining. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;7/29/96, Vol. 30 Issue 29, p41
Focuses on the efforts of food service industry to revive student-center dining in college campuses in the United States. Effects of growing percentage of older enrollees; Campus expansion; Scholars' embracing of computer technology.
- Institutions go to `market' with new service concept. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;11/11/96, Vol. 30 Issue 44, p1
Focuses on the debate over the marketplace concept of noncommercial food service in universities in the United States. Key features of the food service concept; Challenges in operating; Questions regarding the marketplace concept.
- College meal cards good at seven merchants. // Westchester County Business Journal;3/10/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p20
Reports that the students of Iona College in New Rochelle, New York will be able to use their meal cards off campus at seven participating merchants on North Avenue. Names of merchants; Courses offered by Iona.