USING OUTSIDE PROCESSORS: Anaheim Unified gains commodity advantage
- AT SCHOOL TEST SITES: Internet ordering streamlines lunch. // FoodService Director;03/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p4
Reports that children in Hawaii can order their lunch using the Internet or a toll-free number through a system developed by the School-Link Network and SNAP Systems, Inc. How the system works; Its advantages; Launch of similar programs in other states.
- Feeding kids. // FoodService Director;02/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p34
Discusses the challenges faced by American food service firms operating in public schools. Changes in the attitudes of kids towards food; Ethnic, cultural and demographic diversity in schools; Students' participation in the design of foods.
- `Food-On-Run' Program: Calif. HS asks students to design daily menus. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p1
Provides information on the `Food on the Run' program which invited feedback from students about dining services at Gabrielino High School in San Gabriel, California. Provision of access to fresh salad; Taste-test of different cheese options.
- Bradford DSO gains fourth contract away from home. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;3/20/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4264, p18
Reports on the fourth school-meals contract awarded to the direct service organization (DSO) for Bradford's metropolitan district council outside its local authority area in England as of March 20, 2003. Operational status of DSO; Cross-border contracts for DSO; Reputation of DSO in the industry.
- Funding boost for Scots school meals. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;6/13/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4226, p8
Reports on an increase in funding given to school meal providers in Scotland.
- 1,000 schools now contracted; participation is up 31% in RI. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p28
Focuses on the increase in the amount of foodservice directors in schools in the United States, who are contracting their meal programs to outside firms, highlighting a report conducted by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). Factors which attributed to problems experienced;...
- Child protection madness takes the biscuit. // Education (14637073);10/15/2010, Issue 407, p3
The article discusses St. Mary's Primary School in County Fermanagh, Northern Ireland where a catering supervisor was dismissed from her job after she gave a child a cookie and was accused of "child grooming" under the Child Protection Act.
- On-site Briefs. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/23/98, Vol. 32 Issue 47, p72
Presents news briefs related to on-site foodservice as of November 23, 1998. Includes school nutrition programs honored with the Pyramid of Excellence Award by the United States Department of Agriculture; Host Marriott Corp.'s agreements with airports; British Airways PLC's launching of the...
- News digests. // Nation's Restaurant News;04/19/99, Vol. 33 Issue 16, p20
Reports on developments related to food service in the United States as of April 19, 1999. Includes plans of the Pennsylvania State Legislature to increase the state's reimbursement of school lunches; Opening of the Castaldi's Market and Grill restaurant at the MacArthur Center shopping mall in...