BASED ON NEW ORLEANS MODEL: NSF certifies Aramark plan
- NSF adopts health effects standard. // PM Engineer;Jan95, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p65
Reports on NSF International's adoption of a new health effects standard on faucets and related products. Background information; Implications; Expectations.
- NSF-certified equipment can help ensure safer food preparation areas. Bensky, Gary // Nation's Restaurant News;2/11/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p16
Focuses on the NSF International, authority on equipment safety in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Attempts of the National Restaurant Association to increase the food-safety knowledge of the industry; Aims of the agency regarding the safety of foodservice equipments; Hindrances to the lack of NSF...
- Groups Create National Standard for Reporting Chemical Hazards. // Products Finishing;Dec2011, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p9
The article reports on the development of a national standard for reporting chemical hazards by the American Chemical Society Green Chemistry Institute (ACS GCI) and NSF International in the U.S. in 2011.
- NSF International. // American Nurse;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p36
Focuses on NSF International, an organization which tests and verifies that products meet all the requirements of specified standards.
- NSF votes on new adverse events section. B. E. // Natural Foods Merchandiser;Mar2007, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p17
The article reports that Ann Arbor, Michigan-based certification and standards organization NSF International has proposed a new section to its NSF/American National Standards Institute Standard 173: Dietary Supplements. Lon Bestervelt, NSF's chief technical officer and senior vice president,...
- In Your Face. WELLS, JEFF // SN: Supermarket News;2/28/2011 Whole Health Supplement, p4
The article informs about the plan of the organization NSF International to develop a natural certification program for cosmetics, oral care, and personal hygiene products, which will come against a natural standard introduced by the Natural Products Association (NPA).
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;05/07/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 19, p24
Presents news items related to food service in the United States as of May 7, 2001. Revision of standards to maintain the safety of beef in school cafeterias; Extension of the management contract of Aramark at the Las Vegas Convention Center; Success of the food testing event at the University...
- WATER REUSE: Setting Standards for Sustainable Water. Bruursema, Tom // PM Engineer;Oct2009 Supplement, Vol. 15, p10
The article focuses on the standards for sustainable water developed by NSF International. Standards for onsite, residential wastewater treatment systems was developed by the organization in the 1960s. A task group to develop standards for onsite reuse treatment technologies was formed in the...
- Standard Guidelines for Fitness Facility Certification Still in Discussion. Goldman, Stuart // Club Industry;May2011, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p10
The article reports on the continued discussion for the finalization of National Science Foundation (NSF) International's Draft Standard 341 which is intended for the certification of fitness facilities in the U.S. It states that members of NSF's joint committee on health and fitness facilities...