JOINING NOVATION THIS MONTH: CCRC eyes food-cost savings
- Novartis merger fuels sell-off talk. Day, Julia // Marketing Week;12/3/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p19
Reports that Novartis' merger of its nutrition and OTC business has fuelled speculation that it is preparing to hive off the division and concentrate on the pharmaceutical and agrochemical sectors. Brief history of Novartis; Comments from EJ Fullagar, president of United Kingdom Novartis; Other...
- Merger forms largest ag-chem business in world. Stahl, Jason // Landscape Management;Jan2000, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p22
Announces that AstraZeneca PLC and Novartis AG have unveiled a merger and spinoff of their agricultural-chemical business. Potential stock market value of the merged company to be called Syngenta; Why Novartis chose to combine with AstraZeneca; Implication of the merger on the agrochemical industry.
- Pharmaceutical Giant Offers $470M for Genoptix. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;1/31/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p12
The article reports on an agreement made by the international pharmaceutical company Novartis AG to purchase a Carlsbad, California-based Genoptix Inc. specialty laboratory Genoptix Inc. for the amount of 470 million dollars in cash.
- Novartis and Alcon Complete Merger. // Review of Ophthalmology;Jan2011, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p4
The article reports on the completion of the merger between Novartis AG and Alcon Inc. to create a broader commercial capabilities in eye-care business.
- Independent analysis questions the adequacy, legality of Novartis' merger proposal to Alcon. // Ocular Surgery News;3/25/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p39
The article reports on an analysis by RiskMetrics Group, which criticizes the adequacy and legality of Novartis' proposed merger with Alcon.
- Alcon needs panel OK for merger, expert says. Webb, Jennifer A. // Ophthalmology Times;7/15/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 14, p1
The article discusses the need for the board of Alcon Inc. to receive a favorable recommendation from its Independent Director Committee (IDC) before proceeding with a merger with Novartis AG.
- Novartis takes Alcon majority, new offer 'grossly inadequate.'. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Feb2010, Issue 824, p6
The article reports on the completion of the acquisition of 77% of U.S. eyecare company Alcon by Swiss pharmaceutical firm Novartis but faces opposition over plans to purchase the remaining shares in the company.
- Agreement entered: Alcon, Novartis merger to be complete mid-year. // Ophthalmology Times;1/15/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p6
The article reports on the merger agreement between Alcon Inc. and Novartis AG in Switzerland, which is expected to be completed during the first half of 2011.
- EC to Investigate AZ-Novartis Merger. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;03/27/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 13, p8
Reports on the decision of the European Commission to investigate the proposed merger of the crop-protection business of AstraZeneca company and Novartis. Purpose of the commission for the investigation.