NEW PUBLIC HEARINGS SET: Labor gives ergo rule re-look
- DOL takes new aim at HIPAA compliance. Gunsauley, Craig // Employee Benefit News;Dec99, Vol. 13 Issue 14, p1
Reports that the United States (US) Department of Labor (DOL) is pursuing welfare plan audits with focus on compliance issues relating to labor laws and policies in the US. Information requested by DOL auditors; Details on the US government auditing process; Specific question on the DOL audit...
- SPD revisions loom on calendar. Lee, Karen // Employee Benefit News;Jan2002, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p1
Reports that human resource and benefit managers need to have their group health and retirement plan summary plan descriptions (SPD) updated and in compliance with the United States Labor Department regulations. Challenges posed by the compliance; Provisions of the Labor regulations on SPD;...
- DOL Proposes Rule on Alien Substitution, Other Labor Certification Issues for Employment-Based Immigration. Hanagan, Sean; Manning, William J. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2006 Q1, p1
The article focuses on a proposed rule published by the U.S. Department of Labor to counter what is sees as opportunities for abuse and fraud in the Permanent Labor Certification program. The proposed rule is the first-step in the employment-based immigrant visa process. It contains several...
- Labor Department aims to boost the number of apprentices. // Techniques: Making Education & Career Connections;Oct99, Vol. 74 Issue 7, p5
Reports on the program of the United States Department of Labor to increase apprentices in the country in line with the 1998 Workforce Investment Act. Target statistics of apprentices; Strategies to encourage participation in apprenticeship programs among young people and among women.
- Exempt or non-exempt? Know the difference. // Secretary;May95, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p5
Focuses on the difference between an exempt and non-exempt employee as determined by the US Department of Labor. Tasks considered as nonexempt; Features of exempt positions; Contact information.
- OFCCP: The most powerful agency you've never heard of. // HR Specialist: California Employment Law;Apr2012, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p5
The article offers information on U.S. Department of Labor's Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP), which monitors and enforces employment laws.
- Proposed white collar rules signal changes. Smith, Shawn // Westchester County Business Journal;5/12/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 19, p4
Reports on the proposal to revise the Fair Labor Standards Act of the U.S. Department of Labor. Increase in the minimum salary rate; Provision of overtime benefits to employees; Payroll deductions for full-day absences.
- DOL stops issuing wage-and-hour opinion letters. // HR Specialist: New Jersey Employment Law;Jun2010, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p1
The article reports on the move of the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) to replace the issuance of an opinion letter to administrator interpretations designed to offer guidance on federal pay laws.
- Feds issue new tip-credit pooling rules. // HR Specialist: Illinois Employment Law;Jul2011, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p5
The article reports on the issuance of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and Illinois minimum wage law allowing employers to pay tipped employees by the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL).