ENERGY-EFFICIENT CAFETERIAS: Grants could boost energy savings
- City Districts to Change 'Obsolete' High Schools. Viadero, Debra // Education Week;10/17/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p11
Reports the grants-in-aid awarded by the Carnegie Corporation and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for the transformation of school districts in the United States. Schools recipient of the award; Focus on the secondary school improvements; Need to add efforts for a personalize education.
- House Republicans Propose School Construction Bill. Sack, Joetta L. // Education Week;07/12/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 42, p34
Reports on the United States House Republican leaders' introduction of a bill to help school districts pay for school renovations and repairs. Representative Bill Gooding's prepared statement announcing the proposed Classroom Modernization Act; Republicans' opposition against President...
- Granholm targets school budget in bid to cut shortfall. // Crain's Detroit Business;1/20/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p26
Reports on a the notice issued by Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm on reducing state aid to school districts to eliminate a deficit in the state school aid fund.
- Bush's Impact-Aid Plan Has Familiar Ring. Wear, Ben // Education Week;2/26/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p19
Reports on recommended federal spending plan of U.S. President George W. Bush for fiscal year 2004 which included reduction in aid to school districts adversely effected by the heavy presence of tax-exempt federal facilities and American Indian lands. Concerns of educational administrators...
- Federal Paperwork Is Unpleasant Chore For Texas District. // Education Week;3/30/1983, Vol. 2 Issue 27, p16
The article reports that a school district in Texas has been required to complete some 50 pages of evaluation forms in order to receive 354 dollars in federal assistance.
- Impact-Aid Districts Pay the Price When Federal Checks Come Late. Sack, Joetta L. // Education Week;06/02/99, Vol. 18 Issue 38, p1
Focuses on the delay in delivery of impact-aid funding for school districts in Nebraska. Implication on the school district of Santee Sioux Indian Reservation; Comments from John B. Forkenbrock, executive director of the National Association of Federally Impacted Schools; Purpose of the...
- Lake Placid schools get $3l7k from state; $645k more expected. Brown, Nathan // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;6/3/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 131, p2
The article reports that the Lake Placid Central School District has given 317,000 dollars in state aid on June 1, 2010 and it expected another 645,000 dollars to be paid by the state end of June.
- Supreme court declines case disputing allocation of impact aid. Walsh, Mark // Education Week;10/11/95, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p20
Reports that the United States Supreme Court has refused to hear the appeal of New York's Highland Falls-Fort Montgomery Central school district that it was cheated out of $2 million in federal impact aid because Congress did not allow its own rules for financing the program. Compensating...
- $50,000 computer grant for Bellmore child center. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/16/98, Vol. 45 Issue 42, p13A
Reports that New York Senator Charles Fuschillo has obtained a Community Enhancement Grant for the Bellmore School District.