IN THE YEARS AHEAD: Campus dining depts. facing skills upgrade, shift to retail
- NACUFS to host Mgmt. Institute. // Nation's Restaurant News;3/18/96, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p44
Reports that the National Association of College & University Food Services (NACUFS) will host a Foodservice Management Institute for its members on June 15 to 21, 1997. Rich Products as sponsor.
- Students' activism, allergies top agenda at NACUFS confab. Elan, Elissa // Nation's Restaurant News;8/7/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 32, p8
The article highlights the annual conference of the National Association of College & University Food Services in Toronto, Ontario. The social pressure put by politically active college students who are pressing for their vision of fairer treatment of on-campus foodservice workers and the...
- NACUFS fact-hunt winner: WMU's Dean off to Anaheim. // FoodService Director;06/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p2
Reports that James Dean, director of dining services at Western Michigan University, has won a free trip to the 1998 National Association of College and University Foodservices national conference in Anaheim, California on July 7-11, 1998.
- GM HOLDS BAKING SEMINAR. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Aug2007, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p125
The article reports on the baking seminar conducted by General Mills Corp. during the National Association of College and University Food Services (NACUFS) Continental Region baking seminar, which was held at the company's headquarter in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The firm's corporate chef Scott...
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;06/04/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 23, p20
Presents news items related to food service in the United States as of June 4, 2001. Offer of summer internships by the National Association of College and University Food Services; Recipients of the Hennessy Awards for excellence in Air Force food service; Agreement of Sodexho Services to...
- The wine seller. Scarpa, James // Restaurant Business;3/1/96, Vol. 95 Issue 4, p170
Focuses on the philosophy of Mary Ross, principal of Chicago, Illinois-based Mary Ross & Associates, on the importance of teaching the right mental attitude to restaurant wine servers. Ross' background in the wine-serving industry; Value of a well-trained service staff to a profitable and smooth...
- National Certified Professional Food Manager (CPFM) certification program. // Journal of Environmental Health;Jan/Feb1997, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p34
Reports that the National Assessment Institute has developed a training system for the food service industry called the National Certified Professional Food Manager Program. Modules.
- Food certification training course set. // Malakoff News (TX);4/12/2013, Vol. 104 Issue 15, p3
A description of the course for professional food manager certification being offered by Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service in Henderson County, Texas is provided.
- A running start for tomorrow's operators. LaVecchia, Gina // Food Management;Aug97, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p22
Features the Aliso Niguel High School Culinary Arts Academy of the Capistrano Unified School District in Orange County, California. Provision of a training program for the workforce for foodservice careers; Offer of training in culinary and hospitality management skills; Tailoring of facilities...
- Tapping a human resource: Restaurants fight labor crunch with training programs. Zuber, Amy // Nation's Restaurant News;7/08/96, Vol. 30 Issue 26, p33
Focuses on the innovative training and retention programs developed by different restaurants in the United States in an effort too fight the labor crunch. Strong competition seen in attracting and maintaining employees; Benefits of a well-crafted training program for employees and customer...