DIRECT APPROACH NEEDED: Common mistakes plague 'difficult' employee mgmt
- SOFTWARE TOOLS FOR: EMPLOYEE MANAGEMENT. Grossbauer, Sue // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p162
Focuses on several software tools for employee management in the foodservice industry. Remarks from Mark Heyman, foodservice labor management consultant and partner in Unifocus, about the benefits of software automation; Advantages of using scheduling software; Several software companies that...
- ASFSA celebrates golden anniversary. // Nation's Restaurant News;9/02/96, Vol. 30 Issue 34, p45
Reports on the American School Food Service Association's (ASFSA) celebration of its 50th anniversary in Houston, Texas during its 1996 national conference.
- ASFSA prioritizes issues, prepares for DC conference. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;08/11/97, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p18
Reports on issues that the American School Food Service Association (ASFSA) plans to prioritize at the annual Legislative Action Conference in January 1998. Reauthorization of programs such as nutrition-educational training; Expansion of school nutrition programs; Other requests of the ASFSA.
- Educating Youth About Global Hunger. // Association Management;May2002, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p20
Focuses on the Going Global program of the American School Food Service Association, which seeks to provide information about the causes, solutions and effects of world hunger. Number of lives claimed each day by hunger; Groups which launched the Going Global program in 2001; Information...
- ASFSA creates recipe database for school foodservice operators. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/15/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 42, p16
Reports the launching of an online database of recipes by the American School Foodservice Association in Alexandria, Virginia.
- SEEING A NEW FACILITY IN ACTION: Louisville school dist. hosts ASFSA 'major cities' confab. // FoodService Director;6/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p5
Focuses on the 2001 'Major Cities' meeting of the American School Food Service Association in Louisville, Kentucky. Comments of attendees on the facility of the host, Jefferson City Public School District in Louisville; Topics discussed in the meeting.
- LUNCHROOM 'CRISIS MANAGEMENT':...while school f/s is advised to be on alert. // FoodService Director;1/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p18
Reports that the American School Food Service Association has urged its members to work with school officials to develop a plan to respond to a chemical or biological attack on meals served to the nation's school children. Comments from the group about the possibility of delivering a biological...
- IMPLEMENTING THE DIETARY GUIDELINES: ASFSA supports physical activity. // FoodService Director;10/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p16
Reports that the American School Food Service Association (ASFSA) has expressed its support to the government's proposal to increase physical activity to complement good nutritional habits by children. Forecast on the number children that the lunch program of ASFSA will feed during the...
- On Sept. 2: Sackin shifts to ASFSA post. // FoodService Director;09/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p2
Reports that Barry Sackin, former fsd at Anaheim Union High School District, California, has joined the American School Food Service Association (ASFSA) national staff as director of government affairs. Sackin's capacity at ASFSA; Positions held.