ONE DOWN, TWO TO GO: Abbott Labs cooks up new f/s for kids, staff
- How Eatzi's Does It. Blank, Christine // FoodService Director;11/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p48
Features guidelines on how food stores and foodservice providers can have a successful home-meal replacement (HMR) operation. Lessons from store chain Eatzi and drug firm Abbott Laboratories; Attractive food packaging and presentation; Variety of HMR offerings; Soups and sandwiches; Salad bar;...
- Abbott eyes boon from new arthritis drug. Murphy, H. Lee // Crain's Chicago Business;5/6/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 18, p9
Reports the government approval of the rheumatoid arthritis drug D2E7, made by Abbott Laboratories in Chicago, Illinois. Review of the licensing application by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration; Projections on drug sales; Advertising on the effectiveness of the drug in treating the disease.
- Serious side effects force temafloxacin's pull from market. // RN;Aug92, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p83
Reports that Abbott Laboratories has voluntarily withdrawn the broad-spectrum quinolone temafloxacin (Omnifloz) from the market following reports of 50 serious adverse reactions. What the problems included; Most reactions were unexpected; What is listed on the package insert.
- 1% credit. Fleming Jr, Harris // Drug Topics;5/4/98, Vol. 142 Issue 9, p66
Reports that effective April 1, 1998 Abbott Laboratories Incorporated eliminated its return goods policy. Reaction of some pharmacists to this move; Contents of a letter from Abbott; Comments made by Abbot manager of trade relations Tip Parker; Reason for this move by Abbott Laboratories.
- Abbott Critical Care to bring warehouse functions in-house. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;07/20/98, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p10
Focuses on Abbott Critical Care's plans to bring warehouse operations in-house with the construction of an addition to its facility in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Abbott GMP trouble spread to drug plant. Dickinson, James G. // Medical Marketing & Media;Dec2002, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p26
Focuses on the manufacturing problems faced by drug company Abbott Laboratories in the Austin, Texas. Fines paid by the company following the Food and Drug Administration's inspection; Failure of the medical device facility to follow procedures; Validation needed for Abbott's automated equipments.
- Abbott quarterly dividend complements sales & revenue growth. Martinez, Marialba // Caribbean Business;9/19/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 38, p14
Reports that pharmaceutical company Abbott Laboratories Inc. has declared its second quarter dividends during the week ended September 14, 2002 which reflects a growth in sales revenue during the quarter. Percentage increase in dividends per share during the quarter compared to that in the...
- PLANT OPENINGS & EXPANSIONS. // Food Engineering;Apr2012, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p15
This section offers news briefs on U.S. plant openings or expansions including the construction of Abbot Laboratories' plant in Ohio, and the upgrades to the beef plant of Tyson Fresh Meats Inc. in Nebraska, and the plan of Pepsi Co. and Theo MÃ¼ller to build a yogurt facility in New York.
- The CEO who won't go. Schwartz, J.; McCormick, J. // Newsweek;5/7/1990, Vol. 115 Issue 19, p46
Describes the very public corporate fight at Abbott Laboratories of Chicago, where the CEO, Robert Schoellhorn, fired by the board of directors, has sued and alleges that Abbott lawyers threatened him with `severe personal humiliation and drastic economic sanctions' if he didn't back down. ...