FoodCapsule: WHAT ARE THEY TAKING OUT?
- Majority Rules. // FoodService Director;10/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p6
The article features the resident-centered dining operation at Ann's Choice, a 132-resident CCRC in Warminster, Pennsylvania wherein the foodservice team works with residents in planning the weekly menu and cites the challenges in promoting healthy options and the available entreÃ© options.
- Eating Out: Smaller, Shorter, Lighter Meals. Thorn, Bret // Nation's Restaurant News;9/1/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 35, p4
Focuses on the impact of changing tastes of people regarding food in the U.S. on the foodservice industry of the country. Assessment of trends in eating out habits of people; Appraisal of special requests of diners; Response of customers toward ethnic and spicy foods.
- What will Drive the Market in 2014? Yeo, Frank // Western Restaurant News;Winter2014, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p5
The author reflects on the menus which will drive the restaurant market in the U.S. in 2014 mentioning the trends on various food components in food service industry including carbohydrates, gluten-free foods, and artisanal processed foods.
- Trayless Cafeterias: Less Salad and More Dessert. // Journal of Nutrition Education & Behavior;Jul/Aug2012 Supplement, Vol. 44 Issue 4S1, pS20
No abstract available.
- Happier Meals: How Changes in McDonald's Happy Meals Altered Food Choices. Hanks, Andrew; Wansink, B. // Journal of Nutrition Education & Behavior;Jul2013 Supplement, Vol. 45 Issue 4S, pS39
An abstract of the presentation "Happier Meals: How Changes in McDonald's Happy Meals Altered Food Choices" by Andrew Hanks and B. Wansink is presented.
- Side dishes. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;01/18/99, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p32
Presents news briefs on food service and restaurants from around the world. Report from the Texas Department of Criminal Justice regarding the food preferences of inmates sentenced to death; Popularity of all-you-can eat specials at restaurants in Japan; Riot caused by the 25th anniversary...
- The Changing Tastes of America. // Nation's Restaurant News;9/1/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 35, p4
Focuses on changing tastes of people regarding food in the U.S. Challenges before foodservice operators due to changing tastes of customers; Reasons behind the multiplication of tastes in the country; Assessment of the restaurant culture in the country; Overview of the demand of consumers for...
- East Suburban. // Indianapolis Monthly;Jul2006, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p170
The article presents information related to some restaurants in East Suburban Indianapolis, Indiana. It is reported that the Arbor Cafe and Tea Room restaurant serves hearty Hoosier food such as the French onion soup. The Bread Ladies bakery serves all natural breads along with the soups, salads...
- In good company. ALLEN, ROBIN LEE // Nation's Restaurant News;6/13/2011, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including food-truck technologies and equipment, gluten-free menu options and vegetarians and vegan concepts.