68,000 INMATES, 124 PRISONS: Florida outsources prison foodservice to Aramark
- ARAMARK corrections in UT. // FoodService Director;05/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p44
Reports that ARAMARK Correctional Services Incorporated began food service operations at the Salt Lake County Jail in Utah. Number of inmates in the facility; Comments from regional sales manager for ARAMARK, Patrick Turner.
- IN DADE CTY., FL: Prison f/s dept. receives $500K of budget surplus. // FoodService Director;03/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the budget surplus achieved by the Department of Corrections foodservice department in Dade County, Florida. Allocation for the Food Service Bureau and the county government; How the savings were realized.
- Aramark brings Philly's prison foodservice into the future. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;1/8/96, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p18
Reports that Aramark Correctional Services is offering a training course to the inmates at the Curran-Fromhold Correctional Facility, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Comments from Frank Hall, commissioner of Philadelphia Prison System; Improvements to prison's kitchen; Prison's kitchen system...
- Where Food Is `Missing-Critical': Miller `Chooses' Corrections. // FoodService Director;10/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p28
Features Norman Miller of ARAMARK's Correctional Services division, a provider of food and other services to correctional facilities in the United States. Reason Miller chose to serve the correctional facilities; How their training program works; Challenges for Miller.
- Bias charge in jail food contract. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;8/23/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 34, p1
A firm that had hoped to oust a politically connected competitor on a huge Cook County contract instead is pulling out of the bidding â€” complaining of "flawed and biased" county procurement procedures. In a blunt letter to Sheriff Michael Sheahan and other county officials Friday, Canteen...
- Jail cooks for juvenile center. // Food Management;May2003, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p16
The Houston Police Department jail in Texas has some extra kitchen production capacity that contract services provider Aramark Correctional Services is using to provide meals for 271 juveniles at The Brown School, a nearby rehabilitation facility for 10-17-year-olds placed with the county....
- Indiana Department of Correction's Healthy Menu Initiatives. Schilling, John // Corrections Today;Nov/Dec2013, Vol. 75 Issue 5, p35
The article reports on the partnership of the Indiana Department of Corrections (IDOC) with food service provider Aramark Correctional Services LLC and medical provider Correctional Medical Services Inc. for the development of a low sodium and cholesterol menu in October 2009. It highlights the...
- SPECIAL PROGRAMS = INCREASED $. ST. PIERRE, CHRISTINE // Corrections Forum;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p38
The article provides advice in running a successful commissary in a correctional facility. It discusses the possible use of special programs and discounts to bolster purchases made by inmates. Details of the Aramark Correctional Services's iCare Gift Service are provided, which provides...
- Aramark locked out of New Mexico's correctional facilities bid by Canteen. // Nation's Restaurant News;9/09/96, Vol. 30 Issue 35, p18
Reports that Aramark Correctional Services has lost a bid to manage foodservice operations for the New Mexico Department of Corrections even though it presented the lowest big to correction officials. Background information on the company; Protest on the bid award.