RUSSIANS DUST OFF THEIR DREAM
- Southwest Signs NextJet. Krause, Kristin S. // Traffic World;01/28/2002, Vol. 266 Issue 4, p36
Focuses on the door-to-door next-flight guaranteed service of Southwest Airlines Cargo. Expansion of the suites of expedited services; Utilization of the technology from NextJet; Commitment of the airline to the delivery of efficient shipping solutions.
- Cargo Jet Searched In Miami Following Stowaway Incident. // AirGuide Online.com;3/1/2010, p6
The article reports that a cargo jet had a runway shutdown at the Las Americas International Airport in Santo Domingo in Dominican Republic.
- Commuter/regional statistics. // Air Transport World;Feb1994, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p112
Presents statistics on commuter and regional specialty carriers in the United States for January to September 1993. Freight traffic for the same period; Ranking by the `Air Transport World'; Number of passengers; Load factor percentage; Freight in pounds; Freight in ton miles.
- ALL-CARGO AIRLINES. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/14/2002, Vol. 156 Issue 2, p381
Presents several cargo planes. Freight services offered; Figures on the profit of the companies; Location of head offices.
- Throughput to hit 100 million TEUs. // World Trade;Dec2007, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p17
The article reports on the expected increase in throughput of twenty-foot equivalent unit (TEU) cargo containers in China by the end of 2007. According to Weng Mengyong, vice minister of communications, China's ports handled 82.11 million TEU and a total of 3.9 billion tons of cargo during the...
- Customary Complaints. Seemuth, Mike // Air Cargo World;Jan2003, Vol. 93 Issue 1, p18
A year-round topic of concern among shippers, customs clearance of air exports to Latin America can be especially nettlesome in December, when a seasonal surge in air shipments tends to push more parcels through the inspection lines of the region's airports. Customs reform in Latin America is...
- Resolved. Wirsing, David E. // Air Cargo World;Jan2003, Vol. 93 Issue 1, p64
A new year offers a fresh start and a chance for air freight resolutions that are far from perishable. The past 24 months have been particularly challenging for those who make up the air freight supply chain. They have been victims of a stuttering economy since early 2001. Many of them struggled...
- Maintenance Matters. // Flying Safety;Sep2003, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p28
Presents accounts of cargo mishandling in airplanes. Importance of a DD 2133 paperwork to an aircraft carrying cargo; Purpose of checking the status of a cargo onboard an aircraft before takeoff; Things to consider when making improvements to an aircraft.
- Alaska Airlines Expands Cargo Capacity. // Logistics Today;Aug2006, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p14
The article reports that Alaska Airlines is expanding and modernizing its cargo operations by introducing the Boeing 737-400 freighter, which features 50 percent more capacity than the 737-200 cargo aircraft. This will give the airline 20 percent more freight capacity, and says the 737-400 is...