My dinner with Sam: A hard-boiled Bibliographic Investigator stalks The Big Eat in Fog City
- Tempting the Palate in Manhattan, from Modest Bistro to Haute Cuisine. Cassell, Kay; Laurich, Robert A. // American Libraries;Jun96, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p60
Suggests a wide variety of eating establishments in New York City for attendees of the July 1996 American Library Association Conference. Choices ranging from the reasonable to the expensive; Listings in areas of Hell's Kitchen, Chelsea, and Greenwich Village; Restaurant names, locations and...
- D.C.'s international dining--from pan-Asian to `comfort food.' Kerchoff, Steven; Newlen, Robert // American Libraries;Feb97, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p76
Opinion. Recommends a variety of restaurants in the Washington, D.C. area for those planning to attend the 1997 American Library Association's (ALA) Midwinter Meeting in February 1997. Restaurants in and around Capitol Hill, DuPont Circle, Georgetown/Foggy Bottom, Dupont Circle Metro Center,...
- Multicultural cuisine in the capital: Global reach with a lo-cal touch. Samuel, Olive; Herman, Deidre; Henderson, Carol; Benson, Sally; May, Pat; Magpantay, Andrew; Gloriod, Barbara Ann; Costabile, Mary Rae; Weingarten, Rick; Wheeler, Carol; Newlen, Robert; Tennant, Claudette; Heanue, Anne; Peretta, Beth // American Libraries;Jun/Jul98, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p105
Presents a guide to restaurants in Washington, D.C. for people who will be attending the 1998 Annual Conference of the American Library Association in late June and early July.
- Never mind the ambiance -- Pass the barbeque! Carvajal, Elena // American Libraries;Jun89, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p501
Presents a guide to local Dallas restaurants for conference-goers to the American Library Association's 108th Annual Conference held in Dallas June 24-29, 1989. Description of downtown Dallas; Transportation availability; Restaurant suggestions, including menu information; Resources for finding...
- Biblio-bites by the bay. Haskell, Gardner // American Libraries;Jun/Jul97, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p72
Recommends restaurants in the San Francisco area for attendees of the 1997 Annual Conference of the American Library Association. John's Grill; Sears Fine Food; Chevy's; Cafe Nordstrom; City Centre Grill; Fly Trap; Borders Books; Others. INSET: North Beach treats and trattorias..
- Dishing up San Francisco. Goldwater, Glenda // Library Journal;6/1/1997, Vol. 122 Issue 10, pS3
Offers a guide to restaurants for those attending the American Library Association convention in San Francisco, California in 1997. Average cost at each restaurant; Location; Type of food served; The ten best places to dine inexpensively; The ten best alfresco lunch places; Favorite restaurants...
- San Francisco's Culinary Crescent. Haskell, Gardner // Library Journal;6/1/2001, Vol. 126 Issue 10, p90
Reviews restaurants in San Francisco, California that may be helpful to attendees of the American Library Association conference which will be held there in 2001. Price guidelines for the restaurants; Food served; Atmosphere and location.
- Sweet Home New Orleans. McCaffrey, Kevin // School Library Journal;Jun2011, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p34
The article presents information about New Orleans, Louisiana that would be helpful to visitors attending the 2011 American Library Association's (ALA) annual conference, which will be hosted in the city in June 2011. Information is included about cultural venues in the city, including art...
- Missing New Orleans. Tullos, Mark // American Libraries;Jan2002, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p85
Presents a listing of the author's favorite place to see and dine in New Orleans, Louisiana. New Orleans as the destination for the American Library Association's (ALA) Midwinter Meeting in 2002; Restaurants such as Mandina's, Brennan's and Commander's Palace; Hangouts such as the House of...