Small, Medium, Large
- Outcomes management: A guide to a new language. Lewis, Deborah J. // Employee Benefits Journal;Jun94, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p8
Presents a guide for the benefits and human resources manager who wants to obtain a basic understanding of the language of outcomes management and its applicability to his job. Definitions and uses of outcomes management; Challenges and concerns associated with outcomes; Tools for measuring...
- Good week for... // Personnel Today;8/11/2009, p2
The article offers news briefs related to human resource (HR) management which include provision of medical benefits for employees, and presentation of a two day music and entertainment festival for employees at company's reward and recognition scheme.
- Better health benefits at Japanese firms. McShulskis, Elaine // HR Magazine;Dec1997, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p23
Reports that Japanese companies in the United States spend significantly more than their U.S. counterparts on employee health care, according to a survey by KPMG Peat Marwick LLP. Statistics on company spendings for medical benefits; Comparison between the conventional health plans offerd by...
- Bank One Hires Head of Human Resources. Kuykendall, Lavonne // American Banker;8/6/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 150, p18
Bank One Corp. announced Tuesday that it had named Stephen Cerrone executive vice president of human resources. Mr. Cerrone, 44, has resigned from a similar post at Burger King Corp. to take to Bank One job. Mr. Cerrone will also join the planning group, Bank One's executive leadership team. Mr....
- Empowering employees through health care education: Changing attitudes and behavior. Padilla, Olga // Employee Benefits Journal;Jun94, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p13
Focuses on the benefits of empowering employees through health care education. Long-term cost-management strategies focused on actively involving employees in their own health care choices and behavior; Key elements of cost-management strategies; Effective vehicles for communicating with employees.
- The role of employee communication in a changing health care environment. Padilla, Olga // Employee Benefits Journal;Mar1995, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p17
Discusses employee communication and medical management, which are important components of an effective health care delivery system. Vital components of an effective health care delivery system; Pros and cons of reform communication; Development of an effective and responsive employee...
- Executive Briefing. Miller, Lynn // HR Magazine;Sep2001, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p16
Presents news briefs related to human resource management in the United States as of September 2001. Demands of employees for more choices in health care plans; Information on the results of 2001-2001 United States Compensation Planning Survey; Result of a study about top corporate relocation...
- Prevention can head off absences. Barkholz, David; Martin, Michelle Franzen // Crain's Detroit Business;04/23/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 17, p12
Reports that employers' close management of illnesses of their employees can reduce absence rates.
- Consider this foreign aid package. Cox, Brian // Crain's Chicago Business;02/01/99, Vol. 22 Issue 5, pSR6
Discusses how international assistance providers (IAP) help American companies with workers abroad by offering a wide range of health care services. Example of medical emergencies; Health-care related issues handled by IAPs; Other services offered by the program. INSET: What to know before you...