Medicare-Eligible Retiree Benefits
- Court demands equity in retiree medical. Hickman, John R.; Grayson, Randy // Employee Benefit News;Oct2000, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p1
Deals with an appellate court's decision on the Erie County Retirees Association versus County of Erie, Pennsylvania case involving retiree medical plan. Facts of the matter about retiree medical plan; Highlights of the case; Stance taken by the court on Medicare eligibility of the retirees.
- EMPLOYER REQUIRED TO MEET EQUAL BENEFIT OR EQUAL COST STANDARD IN BENEFIT PLANS. // Journal of Insurance Regulation;Spring2001, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p533
Examines the case, Erie County Retirees Association versus County of Erie in the United States (U.S.), regarding age discrimination in employment. Insurance plans selected by the County to cover former employees; Charges filed by the association in a district court in September 1998; Ruling of...
- How to provide retiree health without violating discrimination laws. McCord, Thomas J. // Employee Benefit News;Apr2001, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p48
Focuses on the challenge posed by the age discrimination issue to employers in providing employee benefits in the United States. Appellate court ruling on the age discrimination case Erie County Retirees Association versus Erie County of Pennsylvania; Factors other than age used in the two...
- Employers get a break from EEOC scrutiny. Lee, Karen // Employee Benefit News;9/15/2001, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p1
Deals with the decision of the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission to drop all actions against employers accused of violating the Age Discrimination in Employment Act. Details of a lawsuit filed by the Erie County Retirees Association; Concerns over the provision of identical...
- Retiree Health Care Benefits: Strategies for a Changing Workforce. Yamamoto, Dale // Benefits Quarterly;1998 Fourth Quarter, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p73
Discusses the design trends in retiree health care benefits. Impact of the Statement of Financial Accounting No. 106 on retiree health care benefits; Benefit options provided by the Medicare+Choice to the Medicare beneficiary; Decisions for the Medicare-eligible retiree.
- Notice to NYSHIP Empire Plan retirees. // NYSUT United;Nov2012, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p22
The article announces the automatic enrollment of New York State Health Insurance Program (NYSHIP) Empire Plan retirees who have Medicare in a Medicare Part D prescription plan on January 1, 2013.
- Communicating the Need for Additional Savings in the Face of Retiree Health Benefit Cutbacks. Schieber, Sylvester J. // Benefits Quarterly;1998 Fourth Quarter, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p80
Discusses the issues of Medicare reduction and retiree health benefit cutbacks and the relative communication and education challenges such issues pose to employers. Implications of retiree health care for workers' need to save; Effect of reduced retiree health benefits on the need to save;...
- Sun, golf and an HMO. Woolsey, Christine // Business Insurance;1/2/95, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p3
Reports on the formation of an initiative called Florida Medicare Risk Coalition designed for employers with large retirees in Florida. Encouragement for retirees to enroll in health maintenance organizations (HMO) that treat Medicare patients; HMOs selected by the coalition; Expected savings...
- Medicare's simple solution to the rising cost of retiree health benefits. Espinoza // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;09/06/99, Issue 322508, p10
Focuses on the United States federal government's Medicare+Choice Plans as a way for employers to offer affordable quality health care to their current and future retirees. Two reasons on why retiree health care costs are increasing; Two options of employers to comply with Financial Accounting...