- Employers advised on ways to minimize risk of EPL lawsuits. Ceniceros, Roberto // Business Insurance;05/04/98, Vol. 32 Issue 18, p36
Recommends ways in which employers can avoid employment practices liability claims. Views on how employees should be treated; Implementation of classes to educate people on sexual harassment and discrimination; Indication of company policy on harassment and discrimination.
- EDITOR'S CORNER: SERVING UP AN ECLECTIC MIX OF BUSINESS LAW ARTICLES. Lee, Konrad S. // Journal of Legal Studies in Business;2011, Vol. 17, preceding p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various articles within the issue on topics including government infringement of fundamental liberties, protected privacy rights and liability for legal challenges.
- Legal Issues for HR Professionals: Workplace Investigations. Woska, William J. // Public Personnel Management;Mar2013, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p90
Employers have a duty to perform workplace investigations in situations involving a workplace incident that violates an employer's rules, regulations, policies, or procedures. Workplace investigations occur for many different reasons including reports of sexual harassment, employee altercations,...
- Accountability is not all it's cracked up to be. // IIE Solutions;Jul99, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p9
Discusses the findings of a study on the effects of accountability on job performance. Effects of accountability on judgment and decision making; Two important factors in accountability.
- Can HR be personally liable for firing mistakes? Delogu, Nancy // HR Specialist: Employment Law;Oct2011, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p5
The article provides an answer to a question whether a human resource (HR) manager can be held personally liable in a lawsuit for firing mistakes.
- VICARIOUS LIABILITY. Brandes, Antonia // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;10/2/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4293, p57
Presents advice for restaurant managers on dealing with racial discrimination or harassment claims by an employee in Great Britain. Liability of the employer in such cases; Factors to consider in conducting an investigation into the claims; Importance of having employment policies on dealing...
- Risk Management HIPAA-SHOULD I BE WORRIED? Vanderpool, Donna // Innovations in Clinical Neuroscience;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 9 Issue 11/12, p30
The article provides legal advice to a reader who asked whether he should be concerned about being found liable for the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) violations. The answer states that although the federal governmentâ€™s enforcement of HIPAA has been...
- Employees' private lives a risky place for the boss. Kleiman, Carol // Las Vegas Business Press;11/09/98, Vol. 15 Issue 45, p16
Warns employers in the United States against invasion of their employees' privacy. Impact of off-duty behavior on the job; Limitations on how far a company can go in regulating its employees' private lives; Employment at will; Insights from the book `Minding Your Business: Legal Issues and...
- `RIP bill' threatens to kill off surveillance activities. Cooper, Cathy // People Management;4/13/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p21
Focuses on a proposed regulation in Great Britain that would make it illegal for an employer to oversee an employee's telephone conversation or e-mail messages without the permission of both the sender and the recipient. Effects of the privacy legislation; Relationship between the proposed...